Malecon apartments - Puerto Plata

Alexwo1

Mar 2, 2008
Hi all,

A friend of mine if looking to move onto the Malecon. I don't think he wants to pay above 6,000 a month, and he has a small dog. I know theres a lot of apartments there, but no one really advertises. So, if someone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. thanks all.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hi all,

A friend of mine if looking to move onto the Malecon. I don't think he wants to pay above 6,000 a month, and he has a small dog. I know theres a lot of apartments there, but no one really advertises. So, if someone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. thanks all.

I would imagine that's 6,000 USD a month...

Alexwo1

Mar 2, 2008
no 6,000 rd. I pay 6000 a month right on the malecon with the sixth month free, so its really 5000 rd a month. and its got it all. However, My friend cant move where i am because they dont allow dogs.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Hi all,

I would imagine that's 6,000 USD a month...

This being posted on the NORTH Coast Forum, I hope we can assume the OP is talking about the Puerto Plata Malecon which features a good number of old 3 story apartment buildings.
A rent of around 6000 Pesos/month could thus seem reasonable.
However, doing business on the Malecon right now is somewhat difficult since the recent buy up of a large piece of land on which a Sirena multi store is currently being errected. Ever since it would seem people holding property on the malecon have come to believe they now all hold property on "5th Avenue" ;)
Lately some of these rather simple apartments have been offered for up to 75'000.oo USD(!)... what they REALY are selling for is a question which yet has to find a certified answer. Some have up to four bedrooms but most don't have more than one or two bath rooms. The architecture is Balaguer style and the ones which have been left in their original state, or close to it, are quite simple. You would need to make sure any unit you'd consider has a dedicated electric meter (and it indeed stands still when you turn everything off in the particular unit!) and that it has a dedicated (private) "tinaco" (black water tank) on the roof! I would also suspect that the electricity power service there is not on a preferential line, you may need to install an inverter with batteries in a vented spot (batteries) but so they won't "disappear".
Most if not all these apartments are still in Dominican ownership. Some long time residents not really keen on moving out and when they do, they don't advertise "on-line". You'd need to "hang around" the neighborhood colmados in the back streets, make friends and ask without showing too much interest so to avoid a "gringo rush".

Good luck! ... J-D.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Ok that explains it. I would imagine even in Puerto Plata would be hard to find something for 6,000 pesos a month, but what do I know...

Alexwo1

Mar 2, 2008
no rent is not expensive here. And, no my building is nothing as you try to describe. Its owned by a swiss man. It has a generator, cable tv(with tv included), wifi internet, dishes included, fourniture included, and twice a week maids come in and change towels and bedsheets and clean up a little if desired. He offers apartments as low as 4000 a month plus 6 month free. My building is actually directectly east of the sierna property, right next to it almost. There are other buildings that ask for 200 a month with pool and AC also. These are not once in a lifetime deals.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
no rent is not expensive here. And, no my building is nothing as you try to describe. Its owned by a swiss man. It has a generator, cable tv(with tv included), wifi internet, dishes included, fourniture included, and twice a week maids come in and change towels and bedsheets and clean up a little if desired. He offers apartments as low as 4000 a month plus 6 month free. My building is actually directectly east of the sierna property, right next to it almost. There are other buildings that ask for 200 a month with pool and AC also. These are not once in a lifetime deals.

Are you referring to Jardin Suizo by any chance? Or somewhere else?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Alexwo1 contacted me and he is a strait shooter without experience

Ginnie give him Ed's # so he get his act together.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
He needs a telemarketing job from home , but has no experience........ED will Whip him into shape.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Hello,

Does anybody have the contact info for that apartment Jardin Suizo? I can't seem to find it on the Internet other than the restaurant...thanks in advance.

ngc911

Jul 30, 2008
Give this number a try 586-9564. It may be the restaurant's number but it would link you to Jardin Suizo no doubt! Let me know if that works

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
POP is a great spot to start your job search.

If we can be of any further assistance in helping you live the "DR Dream!",

Just keep all of the moderator's on this forum posted!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hello,

Does anybody have the contact info for that apartment Jardin Suizo? I can't seem to find it on the Internet other than the restaurant...thanks in advance.

The restaurant is no longer there - it is now all apartments, so I think the number given should get you through. If not send a PM to Alexwo1 who lives there - I'm sure he'd be happy to put you in contact with the owner. Is that ok with you, Alexwo1?

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Hi,
I realise that this thread is a few months old, but I have a question about Puerto Plata apartments. I will be in Puerto Plata from March 13th-April 12th and I was hoping to find an apartment in Puerto Plata. I am looking at a price of less than $500usd. Although it would be nice, I don't need internet, cable, or a/c. It would be best if the apartment were more east in Puerto Plata, rather than west, however, if it's easy to catch a bus or a moto heading towards Costambar it will not be a problem (I will need to get to a school on Avenida Imbert).
Any leads will be of great assistance. Or any phone numbers, websites, web listings, etc. I have tried searching on the dr1 listings but I found it rather confusing and could only find places that were for sale rather than rent.
Thank you for your help!
Laura

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
OOPS! I'm sorry, I meant WEST might be a little better than East! However, if it is easy to get on public transportation, then it won't really matter so much.... thanks.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Laura,

Did you check DR1 Rentals?
Dominican Republic Rentals
You could also email curt@dr1.com and look at 2 local Puerto Plata websites
- google Rosemary Faehnrich Real Estate and Inmobiliaria Canela.

The further west you go in PP the nearer to downtown you will be and there are parts of downtown in which I wouldn't recommend living. On the Malecon is fine and not considered downtown but the only public transportation to your destination is motoconchos.............not the safest form of travel, although many do. Anywhere near Av. Luis Ginebra or Av. Manolo Tavarez Justo will put you near a bus route.