Postal Codes

Meraux

Sep 17, 2006
Hola amigos,

Any one know an online reference to the (new) postal codes for the DR?

I was on an employment site, and it required an exact postal code for an address in the DR in order to accept the information.

Gracias,

Leonardo

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I have a question. Does anyone use the Dominican postal services?
When I was growing up we used to use it and it was someone reliable but as years went by people lost all trust in the service. So who uses the postal services and I think it will be a long time before people learn to use those codes, especially now that so many people use the internet and phone.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I have a question. Does anyone use the Dominican postal services?
When I was growing up we used to use it and it was someone reliable but as years went by people lost all trust in the service. So who uses the postal services and I think it will be a long time before people learn to use those codes, especially now that so many people use the internet and phone.

The Swiss Embassy does, no joke. And I do get mail from them... actually it's quite funny, they must read the sender's ID and they come to my house, ring the bell and let everybody who cares to lend a listening ear in my neighborhood know that they carry VIP mail from La Embajada Suiza... it's quite a show and happens every two or three months... when the Consulate sends out their expat newsletter :D.

Pony Express on a moto-concho!

... J-D.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Recently Got A Copy Of The Dominican Postal Workers Training Manual!!!

It contained only two regulations reguarding the delivery of mail in the Dominican Republic.

1. Open all mail and remove ANYTHING of value,it's yours!
2. If mail contains nothing of value,destroy it! They shouldn't be wasting your time!

Seems to be working! After living in the same house in Arroyo Hondo for 12,I have yet to recieve anything by mail!

"GOOD WOORK BOYS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I've had an apartado (PO numbered box) for about 15 years now & that receives some of what has been sent.

Effectiveness of delivery by postman to home address seems proportional to the snob value of the address. When we lived in Puerto Plata centre very little was delivered. Now we're in Bayardo even junk mail sent from UK gets delivered. One of my offshore banks doubles up by sending to my Business Mail address in Miami for onward delivery AND sending a copy through the local postal service not to my apartado but to my home address for delivery by postman. Would you believe the home delivery in Bayardo beats Business Mail by about two weeks.........;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I entered that parallel universe and found that mine was 11109 - too late though, I don't live there anymore... but if you live in an area like Naco, which according to the list has 4 post codes, how do you know which one you're in?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't even know what street i live on! :cheeky:
asked to provide this info in oficina de transporto i called miesposo in panic and he knows the street but NOT the number, let alone postal code.
postal service? funny how is sounds like something out of fantasies, eh?

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I think the postal code for Puerto Plata is 55000, if memory serves me correct. I use it whenever I send any mail to my friends there and they usually receive whatever I send in about two weeks. Now I don't know if that's a fluke or not, but so far it's been working.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think the postal code for Puerto Plata is 55000, if memory serves me correct. I use it whenever I send any mail to my friends there and they usually receive whatever I send in about two weeks. Now I don't know if that's a fluke or not, but so far it's been working.

According to this PP is 57000
Codigo Postal Regiones

Doesn't mean you're wrong though :cheeky:. Nor does it mean that the code makes any difference when written on the envelope. If you go inside the PP Post Office (i.e. the door on the right to get you to where the staff are) you'll get a bird's eye view of how the sorting is done: an exercise in systematising confusion :) .

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I wasn't sure if it was 55000 or 57000, so I opted for the first one (lol). I kind of thought that them getting mail was kind of hit or miss.