Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
poker-Sept-26-2008.jpg

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There will be satellite tournaments to win seats (RD$15,000) in the main event on Thursday at 7pm, a RD$2,000 re-buy, and a RD$3,000 freeze-out on Friday at 7pm.

The main event does not have any re-buys.

JasonR

Nov 18, 2006
I played in the 5pm tournament today.

I have to say I was very disappointed with the structure.

5,000 starting chips is a good amount but why start the blinds at 100-200 ?!

That means a starting stack of only 25 big blinds !

With blinds at that level, even an average sized pot, unless you win it, will see you lose half your stack leaving you with 10 or so big blinds.

Combine that with a very fast clock (20 minutes) makes it a pretty unplayable stucture.

1 played one average sized hand. Lost half my stack. Mostly folded with the occasional limp for 15 mins.

Clock went up leaving with with on 4.5 big blinds.

Total number of hands played in the tournament = 2.

Bearing in mind there were only 10 entries there is no reason for a stupidly fast structure like this.

Blinds starting at 25-50 and a half an hour clock would have been so much better.

I would not have even bought in if I had known but there was no info online about the structure.

I also asked while I there for info about the structure for tomorrows event - to see if it was any better - only to be told "I don't know because the printer is broken"

I won't be coming back.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I played in the 5pm tournament today.

I have to say I was very disappointed with the structure.

5,000 starting chips is a good amount but why start the blinds at 100-200 ?!

That means a starting stack of only 25 big blinds !

With blinds at that level, even an average sized pot, unless you win it, will see you lose half your stack leaving you with 10 or so big blinds.

Combine that with a very fast clock (20 minutes) makes it a pretty unplayable stucture.

1 played one average sized hand. Lost half my stack. Mostly folded with the occasional limp for 15 mins.

Clock went up leaving with with on 4.5 big blinds.

Total number of hands played in the tournament = 2.

Bearing in mind there were only 10 entries there is no reason for a stupidly fast structure like this.

Blinds starting at 25-50 and a half an hour clock would have been so much better.

I would not have even bought in if I had known but there was no info online about the structure.

I also asked while I there for info about the structure for tomorrows event - to see if it was any better - only to be told "I don't know because the printer is broken"

I won't be coming back.

I am sorry you didn't enjoy our tournament, everybody else seemed to have a good time. I think you were the one who arrived late and got knocked out early. It might have helped to get there on time, and look at our blind level structures before playing. Everybody on the table agreed on them. This particular tournament was not meant to last more than two or three hours, as people wanted to get into the cash games.

The main event tournament lasted from 12:30 to 9pm. This probably had more the structure you were looking for.

We do have RD3,000 entry fee tournaments every Tue and Sat at 7pm, but the blind structure is more like the tournament you played in. Again, these are designed to get players in early and get the cash game started around 9pm.

JasonR

Nov 18, 2006
Well if by late you mean between the first and the second hand of the tournament, then yes, that was me.

Do you mean by "the players agreed to it" that all the players suggested such a silly structure or that they accepted it? Players typically like to have a structure that allows some play. Not 25 big blinds and a 20 min clock. Especially in a 10 person tournament. What's the rush?

Bearing in mind the effort and expense you guys went to in organising and promoting the festival it would have been nice if the structure of the events would have been posted somewhere.

Also, tournament officials not knowing what the structure is for the following event is shoddy.

mancunian

Sep 24, 2008
could any one answer a few questions please
1 what was prize for final table (breakdown)
2at the 11.000 buy in at seven how many players left.

many thanks

tony

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The main event results were:

32 players total

1) Gary Rossi RD$172,000
2) Johnny Espinal 129,600
3) RD$86,400 (I don't have name available right now)
4) RD$43,200 (I don't have name available right now)

The 2nd chance tournament Saturday at 5pm had 10 players, purse was split 50-30-20
The tournament Sunday night at 7pm was cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.