I need recommendations on restaurants and bars in Las Terrenas.

billt8552

Oct 22, 2007
I ate at alot of nice places along the beach road. Good food(fresh seafood) at good prices. The owner of La Casa Azul tried to rip me off but that was my only negative experience.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Please excuse my limited knowledge, Squat, but is the Fisherman's Village a restaurant or the area on the road along the beach in LT?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Please excuse my limited knowledge, Squat, but is the Fisherman's Village a restaurant or the area on the road along the beach in LT?

It is a group of restaurants on the water in the main "nightlife" section of LT.

In that same section are 2 bars that are popular at night, El Toro which is a tiny but packed nightclub and Mosquito Bar, which is more of a lounge. Across from Mosquito is a new 3-level nightclub....very high-end/trendy with different music and vibe on each level...seems somewhat out of place there but is very nice and was pretty popular the night I was there. They charged a 300 peso cover, but you get a drink ticket with the cover. In the "center" of town is a large outdoor Tipico-type bar called La Bodega with live music...this seems to be where the majority of the "working girls" hang out, but was the only place with live music that I found.

There is one other club on the water called Ciroc, or something like that, next to Paco Cabana...but doesn't seem very popular.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
"Pueblo de Los Pescadores"

"Pueblo de Los Pescadores" is a cluster of casitas located on the 60m from the water edge (no land title) used to house the fishermen and their family in the 1970's, who one by one they got purchase by different individuals and transform in restaurants and bars, and the price went up and up. Location, location, location!

The restaurants and bars on "Pueblo de Los Pescadores": La Cayuco, Spanish cuisine, La Terrasse, French cuisine, Pizza Playa, Cueva Taina Pizzeria, La Salsa, Indiana Cafe, Cuca Marina, Casa Boga, El Torro, Mosquito Art Bar and Republic of Gaia. Some bars are located across the road from the original casitas on the ocean edge.

The 3 level club is called "Republic of GAIA", first level, musica latina, second level rock-funky, third level chill-out zone.

WebDev

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
La Bodega had a great night out here last year. But - that seemed the most fun dominican experiance that we found there.
Along that stretch of resturants the French one at the end was a fantastic meal with a great view. A little expensive - but hey we are tourists.
One of the vendors there - nice guy told me in 5 years of working there he had only met a handfull of Brits that venture out that way.
Nice place LT, but not in a hurry to go back.