SENSA insurance?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
anyone know if an Expat living here can apply for this insurance and what is the income level to get it?

I need a cataract operation and am looking for what I can do and someone told me about this insurance. Any info. would be appreciated.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
If you already need the operation, purchasing insurance now isn't going to help unless you can wait at least a year............... maybe 2 or more. I'm no expert on Dominican health insurance, but I used to be a liscensed agent here in the States. I'm sure they aren't going to pay for treatment of a pre-existing condition without a substantial waiting period.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Right after I got married, I bought a policy from Monumental which was supposedto include myself, my wife, and my three boys. About 3 months later, I was informed that they wouldn't cover me because of my age, andon top os that, theywouldn't refund the extra premium they showed as being charged for my coverage. They would, however, apply theovercharge to future premiums. A few weeks later, Margarita had to go into the clinic for tests and to stay overnight. We were presentedwiththe bill andI noticed that theinsurance had covered only a portion of the charges that should hae been paid for by them. The Clinic said that Monumental had refused to pay becuse the charges were not covered in the contrct, which was incorrect because the policy very specifically stated that the charges would be paid IAW with the contract. Whenconfrontedwith the conflict, Monumental himmed and hawed over the amount of the bill and still refused to pay.
Nedless to say, I cancelled the insurance immediately and reported them for contractual fraud. I have heard nothing since andsuggest that someone at Monumental got to the authorities andthe"good ole boy" club came into play.
If you can, buy your insurance from a Stateside Company who is familiar with the way such works in the DR. There are companies which will issue policies down here andcover you very well.

Texas Bill