Need remedial tutor in Santiago

ray unrath

Dec 28, 2007
Per chance, does anyone know of a Dominican tutor/teacher in Santiago who could work 2 or 3 hours per day with a 10 yr. old who is way behind in basic school studies/learning?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Ray! I sent you an e-mail with a possible candidate. (Actually it was a PM, so check your computer, okay?)

This happens all the time, a child falls behind and gets discouraged or has been neglected and not put into school until late...there are dozens of scenarios, and we've seen most of them..

HB

maadams2004

Nov 16, 2007
Hey Ray! I sent you an e-mail with a possible candidate. (Actually it was a PM, so check your computer, okay?)

This happens all the time, a child falls behind and gets discouraged or has been neglected and not put into school until late...there are dozens of scenarios, and we've seen most of them..

HB

Hillbilly, is it possible that you can provide me with this information as well? I'm in a similar situation. My fiancee's seven year old daughter is in school now, but the school doesn't offer english lessons. I currently have my fiancee taking lessons at ALPI, downtown near the Monument. However, she feels that the school really isn't appropriate curriculum for a child. So I'm looking for a tutor for the daughter. Preferably a woman who can provide two or three classes a week at our apartment in Santiago, or at the tutor's own home. My fiancee's daughter has no english ability at the moment. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sort of in a bind right now. The person I got for Ray has to go and live in santo domingo but her brother can take on the classes. However, there is no English involved.

Depending on where you live you might think about ABBA school in the Jardines. It is inexpensive, very small classes and bi-lingual. My grandson went there when he lived with us. Private English teachers can get pricey...

Send me a PM with some contact info so we can talk about this a bit more..

HB