Usps

Feb 7, 2007
I don't think there is USPS (United States Postal Service) office in Sosua... maybe Inposdom (Dominican Post Office)... or maybe you mean UPS (United Parcel Service)?

I know EPS, Vimenca and Caribe Express all work with UPS.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Going North on Rte#5 the UPSoffice is in the plaza on the left before Coastal.It features a bathroom fixture store,pool supply etc.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I don't think there is USPS (United States Postal Service) office in Sosua... maybe Inposdom (Dominican Post Office)... or maybe you mean UPS (United Parcel Service)?

I know EPS, Vimenca and Caribe Express all work with UPS.

Rubio, I mean USPS not UPS, I have a parcel gone missing. USPS say they will call the Sosua office but I never heard back from USPS SD and now they never answer their phone, so I am trying to contact the Sosua office myself, but have no contact details and their website is useless with no info on countries outside the US. I have had deliveries before w.o. problem from USPS. Is there a Inposdom in Sosua please, if it is Puerto Plata does any have a contact number. USPS in the US say the parcel has been delivered, that makes me a little nervous, the only info available on the tracking number is when it left LA 6 weeks ago.

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
USPS does not make deliveries in the Dominican Republic. They deliver to Imposdom and they deliver to you or you go pick it up.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
USPS does not make deliveries in the Dominican Republic. They deliver to Imposdom and they deliver to you or you go pick it up.

Thank you but I have received 21 packages so far from USPS over the past couple of months, they have been marked USPS, I signed documentation from USPS and I was told when the Santo Domingo office of USPS called me the other day they would call their office in SOSUA. This must be a fairly new office hence my enquiry. They must have an agency in Sosua in the same way UPS does. UPS have agency offices in Sosua and Cabarete.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Thank you but I have received 21 packages so far from USPS over the past couple of months, they have been marked USPS, I signed documentation from USPS and I was told when the Santo Domingo office of USPS called me the other day they would call their office in SOSUA. This must be a fairly new office hence my enquiry. They must have an agency in Sosua in the same way UPS does. UPS have agency offices in Sosua and Cabarete.

Ladybird, packages you receive in DR sent to you using USPS (US Postal Service) as the courier uses DR's Postal Service (INPOSDOM) to deliver the package to its final destination in DR. If you have a problem with a package AFTER it has left the USA you'll have to contact the DR Postal Service to enquire about your package.

NotLurking

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Ladybird, one more thing how was the package shipped to you expedited, standard or business service? I've always use the International expedited service, Global Priority (or Express as they call it now) and never had a problem. Best of luck.

NotLurking

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
And while your at it answering those questions please give us the address and phone number or website of the imaginary USPS office in Santo Domingo

There is NO USPS office in the DR! There is INPOSDOM and you can sure visit, call or click to get in touch with it. The USPS is the United State Postal Service and DOES NOT HAVE AN OFFICE IN THE DR!!! The USPS and INPODOM have a reciprocal agreement of delivering mail (envelopes and packages) originating in the other's country. So packages that are sent from the USA using USPS end up being delivered by INPOSDOM and packages sent form DR to USA are delivered by USPS. Is that difficult to understand? There isn't an INPOSDOM office in USA why should there be a USPS office in DR?

Main Site:
Bienvenido a INPOSDOM

Offices around the country:
Directorio Ubicaciones

INPOSDOM Customer Service 809-534-5838 or 809-533-2513

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
NotLurking is correct, there are no USPS offices in the DR. Whatever is sent via USPS once it arrives in SD its given to INPOSDOM and they deliver the mail to your home or you pick it up.

It also works in vice versa. Anything sent from the DR to the US via INPOSDOM will be in the responsibility of the USPS once the package/mail is in US soil. In fact, I've received many packages and documents that was sent to me from the DR via INPOSDOM and even though the package have INPOSDOM stamps and such, the courier that brings it to my home is the USPS.

In fact, yesterday I had to go to the regional USPS office here in CT to get a document that was sent to me via INPOSDOM and USPS was not able to deliver the thing to my doorstep because they only wrote the name of the street but forgot to put the house number (duh!). After signing a yellow slip and showing some ID, I got possession of the mail.

I suggest to Ladybird to visit her local INPOSDOM office. In all likelyhood, her package was not deliverable for some reason (they missed a number in the address or misspelled something, etc) and its sitting at the post office in Sosua or in the main INPOSDOM office in Santo Domingo.

-NALs

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Nals,

Where is the post office in Sosua please?
NALs lives in Connecticut Ladybird & I don't believe he visits Sosua very often - well not often to be certain where Inposdom Sosua is anyway.;)

Might I suggest a quick walk across the courtyard into the Coastal Station tomorrow morning & check with any member of staff there? Failing that you could maybe take the quick drive into Sosua & ask any of the locals for directions?:glasses:

And you seemed so adamant before that USPS had delivered stuff to you before - what made you change your mind? Could you have been wrong? ~ Grahame.

Aug 21, 2007
The Sosua post office is in the Ede Norte plaza, in the corner. It seems to keep odd hours. Sometimes the door is open, mail is stacked on the desk, but no one is there.

Reactions: Rocky

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
The Sosua post office is in the Ede Norte plaza, in the corner. It seems to keep odd hours. Sometimes the door is open, mail is stacked on the desk, but no one is there.

Thank you Lindsey, it must be well hidden, I have been so busy I havent had time to go and physically search for it. The SD office told me there was one in Sosua but didnt know where (typical) and they NEVER answer the phone number I was given in Sosua.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Do you understand that you are looking for Imposdom in the plaza and not the USPS?
DAMN - I go out for a couple of hours & when I get back I appear to have missed all the fun!:cheeky:!:ermm:! Thanks for the e-mails & cut/pastes folks, I'll keep you advised on developments!:surprised :paranoid:

Barbie Old Girl - keep the details PICHARDO sent you about Puerto Plata Post Office as I seem to recall a post on DR1 a couple of months ago advising that THEY keep all parcels that should be delivered to Sosua. If you get no joy at Sosua it might be woth giving Puerto Plata a visit/telephone call! I HOPE my throw away line re contents was completely off target - it shouldn't have generated that level of response otherwise!!

Hope you get your parcel soon. ~ Grahame.

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
Ref: Pacakages to the DR

I have it on good authority that the USPS deliveries are now diverted through Houston.
Ground control loads them on the weekly San Pedro Shuttle for drop shipment at their practice landing site with close proximity to the New South Beach of the Caribbean.

The final destination of these packages form part of the new Astronaut training program undersway at H3- on the new autopista del este. The Sosua site was difficult due to the high winds that frequent the area.

A relatively new service, it is sure to become more popular once the Shuttle launch pads are finished. Final installation of the site is being coordianted by the Secretaria de Transporte Urbano.