Bridge out - Fact or Rumor?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
A friend just called me to say he'd heard on the news that the bridge between SPM and La Romana apparently has gone down. He says it's where they're building a second one beside it. I find it hard to believe as it's very high over the river but who knows, it's pretty old. Anyone heard anything?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
A friend just called me to say he'd heard on the news that the bridge between SPM and La Romana apparently has gone down. He says it's where they're building a second one beside it. I find it hard to believe as it's very high over the river but who knows, it's pretty old. Anyone heard anything?

Which bridge are you talking about?
Now, at 12:30 pm the bridge over the Soco River and the other one over the Cumayasa River are open for traffic.
Just talked to my wife who is in San Pedro at the moment and trying to get to Bavaro.

Feb 7, 2007
I have heard the same rumor, that the bridge (blue one) was down ... the bridge that is just after the Bahia principe towards SPM... rumor, but don't know what's true about it

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I personally didn't hear the report but he says that it's the bridge that's just a ways before La Romana where they're building a second one beside it for the new road.