El Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
a buddy who just came back from sosua mentioned this place. he said beer is cheap (50 pesos) and it stays packed. or was he just quoting sosua news ??

Sos?a-News :ermm:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Peque?as are RD50 & Grande's are RD80.
You will not find many tourists here!

tambo'

Mar 2, 2008
The place just recently opened, and it was packed every night I walked by the place. I was there for 6 weeks, and it was doing a great business every night I was there. At times, it looked like it was the only place doing any business, but I was there during the "low season".

It was a young crowd, and they are very boisterous, but fairly well-mannered. The bar has security out front on the side-walk, and they do a decent job of keeping things in check. Everyone looked as though they were having a good time. And Tambo is correct, mostly young Dominicanos and Dominicanas.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
for 50 pesos i would be there every night for the beer

anyone know what the chicas are going for :laugh:

Reactions: FernieBee

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
El flow is a bad bad idea for the tourist zone in Sosua. Tourists are'nt prepared for the dangers of a tipico and they will be expecting the same friendly safety of other tourist bars and discos. El Flow is a time bomb and it has already caused problems and will keep on getting worse. A tourist walking home can bump into trouble without going in as the drunks are out in the sidewalk and they are drunken machos with bad attitudes and feel brave with all their Dominican brothers there to back them up. A typico in the tourist zone is as bad an idea as a strip bar in Seahorse ranch and 100 times more dangerous.
That's why I enjoy reading this forum. The varying points of view help ascertain what to expect, once one's in Sosua.

:glasses:

Reactions: Rocky

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
for 50 pesos i would be there every night for the beer

anyone know what the chicas are going for :laugh:

You will probably get hurt if you try to pick up chicas in el Flow.
Try it and report back how it works out for you.
This is NOT Classicos, if you get my drift.

Reactions: Rocky

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You will probably get hurt if you try to pick up chicas in el Flow.
Try it and report back how it works out for you.
This is NOT Classicos, if you get my drift.

Hardcore Tambo wouldn't try?

Is this place that bad?

Mar 2, 2008
I wouldn't try to engage in any conversation at El Flow, nor look too intently at the Dominicanas, but I've walked through the crowd on the side walk many times, and didn't have any problems.

If you are aware of the situation, and act accordingly, you shouldn't have any trouble. Walk softly and carry a big stick. Oh yeah, and mind your own business.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Seriously, it is on Pedro Clisante west of Harrisons Jewelers. A short distance before Classicos.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Diagonally across the street from Fat Hermans? This post is becoming surreal!
Where is the street?

2l92u06.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.