Any plans for US Flights into El Catey?

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Just wondering if anyone has heard of any plans for flights from US into AZS this winter? It is sad that AA has cancelled all flights there. It is a politely staffed, efficient and beautiful airport. One flight a week from SJU would probably be full. Out of curiosity how many flights use AZS every week?

migssant

Feb 28, 2007
latam.msnusers.com
Samana El Catey Intl AZS...

1 weekly to Madrid (Air Comet)
1 weekly to Paris-Orly (CorsairFly)
1 weekly to Paris-Charles de Gaulle (XL Airways France)
1 weekly from Dusseldorf (LTU Intl)
1 weekly from Frankfurt (Condor Flugdienst)
Skyservice Airlines (Winter service from/to Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa)
CanJet (Winter service from/to Montreal, Toronto)
Sunwing Airlines (Winter service from/to Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City)
ThomasCook Airlines (Seasonal service from/to London-Gatwick, Manchester)
First Choice (Seasonal winter service from/to LGW)
SATA Intl Air (Seasonal service to Lisbon)
Blue Panorama Air. (Seasonal service to Milan)

*Air Canada new service to Toronto starts on December 21st.*

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Thanks for the info.

Curious isn't it that there isn't one flight weekly from the US or Puerto Rico???
What a huge investment for so little traffic. It certainly isn't understaffed. Well, it's a good place for a rest stop, the bathrooms are great. Sigh....

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Americans

Unfortunately Americans (US) haven't discovered the untarnished beauty of the Samana peninsula, but maybe will one day, for better or for worse. And I agree the airport is beautiful. Sked posted above is pretty accurate but early yet for full sked to be completed for upcoming tourist season....won't change much.

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
American Eagle had daily services from/to San Juan... but they ended it on August 29...

I know, I used this flight several times and it seemed to be gaining in popularity with many more passengers the last time I flew it in April. I know many people in LT who used it who are equally disappointed and are also hoping for a flight once a week. Maybe AA will come around by the time snow flies. I guess it is a little early to lose hope. If anyone hears (even a rumour) please let us know. Thanks.