New Indian Restaurant in Sosua

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Heard a tasty rumour about a new Indian restaurant opening in Sosua. Anyone have details?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Its still under construction, it will be a family concern and they are very experienced in Indian restaurants, great people, the building work is going well and he hopes to be open next month. Ill post as soon as he has his opening date, many are waiting for this long needed cuisine.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Its still under construction, it will be a family concern and they are very experienced in Indian restaurants, great people, the building work is going well and he hopes to be open next month. Ill post as soon as he has his opening date, many are waiting for this long needed cuisine.

Can you post the location please?

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com

Please tell us where it will be. I am drooling already! (Of course Robert thinks I've been drooling all along ;-) )

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I am sorry guys but as I said it is not open yet they are having the usual construction problems here. I have just spoken to him and he tells me for sure it will be open the end of October. Open Tuesdays to Sundays inclusive. Lunch 12-2pm Dinner 6-12pm
if he has clients he will remain open longer than those hours. He is importing all the spices necessary and will offer many good dishes. I too cant wait, it is badly needed here. He is already receiving orders from hotels in other parts of the DR. The flight crews have spread the word, he is going to be very busy. I will be sending out the invites for the grand opening day and will post on here the official opening day as soon as I know.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
It is difficult to find, it will be at the far end of Pedro Clisante, in Paraquay Street, tucked away, a hidden secret as it were, but it doesnt look like its going to be much of a secret.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Is it open?

is the secret place open yet do we know ?

Went down there a few nights ago and the roof looks complete, the floor is finished, the electrics where being worked on , and they had an Edenorte Meter!

Car park looks ready but the kitchen isn't fitted out yet nor is there any dinning furnature.

My guess would be about 3-4 weeks from now so about first week in December.

Olly

Reactions: jrhartley

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
A friend of mine talked to him yesterday and brought a menu back... he told him about 2 weeks til he opens.

Menu has many choices, too lengthy to list all (76 items on menu!), but examples:

Starters:
Chicken Tikka... 150
Lamb Tikka...... 150
Prawn Poori..... 200

Tandoori
Chicken/Lamb tikka ... 300
Sheek (sp) Kebab...... 250

Curry
Chicken/Lam/Prawn/King prawn curries 350-485

Biryani with basmati rice
lamb/chicen/prawn/vegetable... 450-550

Madras 300-500

Vindaloo 340-500
Kurma 320-500

Plus vegetable side dishes, rice side dishes, breads, wraps..

Looks good, can't wait for them to open.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
just needs to shave a fraction off some of the prices to get the locals to eat there regularly- if it was cheaper they would probably go twice as often (just my opinion)

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
just needs to shave a fraction off some of the prices to get the locals to eat there regularly- if it was cheaper they would probably go twice as often (just my opinion)

I agree at those prices I hope the tourist trade keeps them open. The location will keep many tourists away as they will not be able to find it or want to venture out that far. Many locals will eat there less frequently at those prices. Just my 2 cents worth.

Bob K

M

Markf128

I think the prices are too high for locals and tourists alike. None the less, I wish them good luck.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I wish them the very best of luck, it will be a refreshing change to the regular Sosua fare. Having said that, looking at the sample of the prices, they will find it very tough. As others have mentioned, it is quite some way from the down town area, and so tourists will not frequent their establishment. That leaves us locals and the owners really should take this into consideration when setting their prices. I have no doubt that the food will be delicious, but what is the point when the average Joe cannot afford to dine there on a regular basis? I will definitely go there to give them a try. I cook a lot of curry dishes at home as I have the spices sent to me, but it will be nice to sample someone elses!