Looking to rent a car in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

newyorksfinest

Mar 1, 2008
I am looking to rent a reasonably priced car in Sosua in November. Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Lucho's just past Rocky's on the left of Dr Rosen has good well maintained cars at fair prices in our experience.

Reactions: Rocky

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
If you need a car for your entire trip your best bet is to rent at the airport. They have newer and more reliable cars and Someone like National has a international reputation to uphold.

Another benefit is that you'll save the $20 taxi ride to and from the airport.

Reactions: Bronxboy

newyorksfinest

Mar 1, 2008
I plan on taking a bus from Santiago to Sosua. Once I arrive in Sosua I want to rent a car for three days. I then depart out of POP airport.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I plan on taking a bus from Santiago to Sosua. Once I arrive in Sosua I want to rent a car for three days. I then depart out of POP airport.

If it were me I would still rent at the airport. look at it this way, either way you'll still need one $20 trip to the airport. You may as well pay the $20 up front, get a reliable and drop it off at the end of your trip.

Trust me, ALL of the car rental dealers in Sousa are fly by night opperations.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If it were me I would still rent at the airport. look at it this way, either way you'll still need one $20 trip to the airport. You may as well pay the $20 up front, get a reliable and drop it off at the end of your trip.

Trust me, ALL of the car rental dealers in Sousa are fly by night opperations.

Above is the best advice you will get.

I prefer Alamo/National.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
If you want to save yourself some trouble...please do it at the airport or online from one of the car rentals company. I would never ever again rent a car from any car rentals in Sosua. I had a very bad experience which I don't feel it would be safe to post here.

On the other hand, I had done it online and even purchase insurance and have no problems.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
NYfinest is arriving in Santiago so that blows your best deal theory cause he would get charged a gigantic drop off penalty. If he rents in Sosua the rental company will drop him off at the airport when he leaves.

Al Al, what thred are you reading? No one suggested he/she rent in Santiago!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
NYfinest is arriving in Santiago so that blows your best deal theory cause he would get charged a gigantic drop off penalty. If he rents in Sosua the rental company will drop him off at the airport when he leaves.

Alamo/National does not charge a drop off fee. I do it all the time and was never charged an extra penny.

If you use your CC for CDW insurance double check with the CC company, not the issuing bank, to see if they require you to purchase third party liability ($5 a day), as most do.

Reactions: CyaBye3015

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
The same one as you Mam. He says
(I plan on taking a bus from Santiago to Sosua. Once I arrive in Sosua I want to rent a car for three days. I then depart out of POP airport.) See what I mean?

And I was suggesting he/she do as he/she planed, take the but to Sosua, then go to the airport and pick up a car!

newyorksfinest

Mar 1, 2008
I would like to rent a car in santiago, then drive to sosua and return the car to POP. However I dont believe that I can find my way from Santiago to Sosua. There are NO SIGNS to direct you anywhere in the D/R.
I took the bus last time and it really was not a bad ride and it was also cheap.
Speaking of signs I recall trying to find my way back to Santiago airport.
I finally saw ONE airport sign, 500 Feet from the front entrance to the airport................

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
If you want to save yourself some trouble...please do it at the airport or online from one of the car rentals company. I would never ever again rent a car from any car rentals in Sosua. I had a very bad experience which I don't feel it would be safe to post here.

On the other hand, I had done it online and even purchase insurance and have no problems.

Second to it. Never rent from street businesses in Sosua. I know first hand what cars they import for their business from USA. Not to mention some set ups for unaware tourists.
Rent from airport. Right now Alamo gives $25 per day.

Reactions: FernieBee

EcoTrustGroup

Feb 9, 2011
Car Rentals Sosua kobirent.com

Above is the best advice you will get.

I prefer Alamo/National.

We can not share this experience! - We got referred by John McCains to "Kobirent" and since 3 years we are using the Sosua local car rental company "Kobirent" for us and all our clients and never heard any complains! The cars are in excellent condition, Andrea (the operator and owner) is providing an excellent service! There is a 500 US$ retainer to the insurance, but damages are regulated at a fair real repair value and not overcharged!
She provide Airport pick up service and deliver the car with GPS system ready installed when requested! (very useful in this country and highly recommended)
Try her out 809 254-1616 or kobirent@yahoo.com, see her offer at kobirent.com

Cheers Yadira Castillo

Status
Not open for further replies.