O&M Hostos school

Status
Not open for further replies.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Hey there,

Does anyone know anything about the school O&M Hostos in Puerto Plata? Particularly its elementary school division. I am not looking to send children to the school, but I am looking into doing a teaching placement at the school and would like to learn more about it from anyone who has experience at the school (I have done some research on the school's website).

Thanks for your time!

Laura

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Don't know much about Hostos in Puerto Plata, but my son used to go to Hostos in Santiago and I was not at all pleased with the quality of education.

There were also some very questionable people working as teachers there.

midnitemed

Dec 7, 2005
They are two separate schools. Different administration and everything. The quality of one has nothing to do with the other.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Don't know about Puerto Plata but my kids go to O y M Hostos here in Santiago and I have been pleased so far with the quality of education except for the fact that they do not test the students at the beginning of the year to see their proficiency level. My daughter was in Advanced Math in the US and now she is in the 9th grade doing math she did in 7th grade, so after "talking" to the teacher and then "speaking" with the Director, she is going to be tested to be moved to 10th or 11th grade math. You just have to stay on top of what your kids are learning and making sure that it is up to par, but so far I would say it is an excellent school.
Of course, I am speaking of Santiago and I know you asked about PP. But I did want to respond to give them a positive comment.
SHALENA

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Thanks for the response! I'm glad to hear some good things about the school. I am not going to be sending kids to the school, I am going to be possibly completing practice teaching at the school and maybe (if I'm lucky) get a paid teaching position there in the future :) or in another good school in Puerto Plata.

Status
Not open for further replies.