Where to stay in DR, help!

Sep 26, 2008
I'm planning on going to DR for the first time in a couple of months and have heard nothin but good things about la republica.. but there are sooo many choices of where to vacation in DR!.. lol... and I wanted to know, where's the best place in DR for someone like myself and friends to go... young guys in their early to mid 20's... lookin to have fun and enjoy the culture and weather... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
why not tell us what you are looking for on your vacation? Some of my friends get very very bored in the resort areas and prefer an urban vacation in the capital with lots of nightlife and culture. Others just want to sit on the beach! Others want to go hiking or snorkeling. Others just go for the chicas (or chicos).

Talk to your friends and get back to us. For real...there is nothing worse going on a vacation where your friend(s) have a different adgenda than you.

george58

Sep 23, 2008
sMy wife and I are looking for a place on the beach in the puerto plata / cabernate area . We want an upscale hotel/resort but in an area where the beaches are nice and there is some room to walk the beach foe a mile or so to check out the local bars. resturants, vendors etc...Perhaps an easy walk to a nightclub at night etc... Anything fit the bill ??? George

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
To the OP...As mentioned, Sosua, Cabarete (close to each other) or Las Terenas for sun, fun, food, drink, nightlife...and girls...

To George - forget Cabernate and go to Cabarete! :bunny: Check out The Velero Resort...nice place, nice beach and a short walk on the beach to the bars and restaurants...and miles of beach in either direction...