Bill's Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
Does anyone know if Bill's Books is still open? The last couple of times I went through Cabarete I didn't see the sign out. I know Karen was closed for the month of July but that has long since past.

Ken

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
I walk past there just about every day and as far as I can tell it's closed for good. All the books, shelves and other furniture seems to be gone and the sign saying it was closed for the summer is also gone. Sad to see it go - it was a great little spot!

The Fairy Eggs store just a little further down towards Janets (on the beach side) also has a small collection of used books for sale though. Not a big selection in English (I seem to remember it's mostly German and French but don't hold me to that) but a few. Maybe if more people start to use it the selection will get better.

cuas

May 29, 2006
Does anyone know if Bill's Books is still open? The last couple of times I went through Cabarete I didn't see the sign out. I know Karen was closed for the month of July but that has long since past.

Ken

Do you want any particular book? I sell new and used books but in SD. I get books every month.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Perhaps we could have a way for people in the Sosua Cabarete area to get in touch with each other to exchange / share english books.

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
Bills Books is Open Again

Happy to report that Bills Books in Cabarete is open again! I passed by it yesterday and the sign was out and the door open. Good news for book lovers.

kays1961

Jan 15, 2009
Bill's Books alive and well

Bill's Books lost their building in December in Cabarete but are newly open in Sosua everyday across from the Britannia Pub 10-6 p.m. at DR Uncovered,an information place for tourists and locals about whats happening in the area.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Go to the Campo Bar in Sosua and there are several books on the shelf opposite the wall. I always find something to read and when I take one I leave one in return. The News Cafe next door to the Campo Bar had a good selection of used books free for the taking but is under new management from what I understand so I am unsure if there are still books there.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
britania also has books and voramar reception (mostly german I think )- I think you just bring some and take one as far as i know - better ask though lol

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Book Store in Sosua

A 'new' used book store opened in Sosua in the plaza behind checkpoint bar. good selection and prices around 100 pesos/book - books are in great condition and not musty like most you find down here. I Wish them luck...Tom

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We looked for Bill's books in Sosua and could not find them. Are they in the plaza that is across from Britannia Pub? Or, if not, as you are facing this plaza, is it to the left or the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.