Mail Service and land line communication

Marilyn Baade

Mar 11, 2004
I'm curious about how reliable the mail service is in the DR (incoming and outgoing) and if it isn't reliable then what is the best way to communicate outside the DR for official business that involves documents.

Also, I note that some recommend making purchases via the internet. If you have a purchase shipped, how long does it take and how is it processed?

Finally, I notice that one of the features listed in renting or purchasing a house/condo/apt is a phone. It is necessary to have a land line or is it viable to rely upon a cell phone?

Thanks,
Marilyn

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Depending on where in the DR you live depends on what type of service you can use.

In Sosua I use EPS which is a mail forwarding service. You can order goods online and they will be sent UPS or Fedex to an address in Florida and then forwarded to Sosua, Cabarete and Santiago I think. I have never lost a package as it turned out

This service is not inexpensive but certainly worth it. You can also buy health insurance there.

As far as the phone is concerned a cell phone is fine.

If you want internet through codotel you also have to have a landline though so figure that into plans.

Last edited: