Santo Domingo to Port au Prince

jamesdalphonse

Sep 8, 2006
We are flying to Santo Domingo, but want to return to the US form Port au Prince. However, the only airline that we can find is Tortug Air or Caribintair, neither of which can be ticketed in the United States. My question is since we technically are not going to have a ticket to leave the Dominican Republic, will we have a problem at the airport???

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The return ticket from P-au-Prince combined with an explanation, and possibly printed details of your accommodation arrangements in Haiti, should be sufficient.

angus murray

Sep 29, 2008
Pap-mia

No one ever asks me for a return ticket upon arrival at SDQ. If you want a US issued ticket JBQ-PAP call Bon Jour Travel in Miami 305-754-1008. They don't accept credit cards so you'll have to send a M.O. and they mark up the cost big time. I just flew that leg last month and paid a bit more than $100.00 one way, plus departure tax but I bought the ticket in PAP.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You don't get asked for an onward or return ticket upon arrival, but many airlines do ask upon departure when you check in with a one-way ticket to the DR.