Spyware-Virus protection

J

joerusso

Hello all, why not ask since I'm here on another thread. I'm looking for a very good free program for spy-ware/virus Protection. I'm very good with Computers, but have not found any real good free programs to protect myself. I currently have Norton, Ad ware-2008, Windows Defender as well as Windows Live onecare. I have found some Trojans and worms on my system and cannot get them to leave. I have tried the miraculous removal tool as well and nothing is working. I'm going to bite the bullet next week when I get paid and buy the paid version of the Ad ware-2008 since this is the program that keeps coming up with these issues when it scans. If anyone has a free program that is working for them, please post the link here. Thanks again all!! Joe ;)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hello all, why not ask since I'm here on another thread. I'm looking for a very good free program for spy-ware/virus Protection. I'm very good with Computers, but have not found any real good free programs to protect myself. I currently have Norton, Ad ware-2008, Windows Defender as well as Windows Live onecare. I have found some Trojans and worms on my system and cannot get them to leave. I have tried the miraculous removal tool as well and nothing is working. I'm going to bite the bullet next week when I get paid and buy the paid version of the Ad ware-2008 since this is the program that keeps coming up with these issues when it scans. If anyone has a free program that is working for them, please post the link here. Thanks again all!! Joe ;)

http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/78969-any-computer-geeks-please-help.html

A

apostropheman

It's also a good idea to regularly defrag your hard drives
Iobit, the makers of the Advanced Windows Care program
also make Iobit SmartDefrag
|MG| IObit SmartDefrag 1.0 Final
(while not anti-virus or anti-spywear it is a good thing to do :D)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Spybot - Search & Destroy - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com hope this works it worked for me, and i have had no problems since. allso on the same link have a look aroound, or if you can just put in search (web) download.com.. i never use anything else and i have never payed for any software why should we when its all free ....

Spybot is great, another very good one is this one.

SpywareBlaster

You do not have to scan with this program, it protects you all the time as long as you update it frequently. Free also.

A

apostropheman

Never had any issues with Adaware
Ad-Aware 2008 - Reviews and free Ad-Aware 2008 downloads at Download.com

mancunian

Sep 24, 2008
one more thing. if you have problems downloading. press . control alter.together then delete. a box will appear (windows security) click on task manager scrool down to system idle process's. if yhey are below 90. then click on the proceeses above that are .in use. spy ware is very clever an will see you are looking for them and will go idle.. so keep this box open whilst you. download. ...good luck

A

apostropheman

no problem bro :)

How does "defragging" your hard drive help with spyware or virus prevention?

sorry Apos.....I could not resist!
Just some other suggestions to make computers run better...just because you're relatively virus/spywear free doesn't mean there aren't other things you can easily do to improve your machine :D;):bunny::bunny:

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007

Do not do it! The only difference between Adware Free and Adware Full - automatic update. If Trojan is there - it cannot remove it.
You have two options (maybe more but I know two) :
1. Google the infected file name and find a special programme to remove your specific Trojan. These programmes are free to download. (If you have Norton it should refer you to the necessary programme after unsuccessful full scan).

2. System restore. To a date that you remember your laptop was not infected.

Begin with #2, it is easier and faster.
Good luck!

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
I too have never had any issues with AD Aware and Spy Bot which are fantastaic utilities, however for the money and peace of mind, NORTON 360 is worth every peso spent. I have NEVER had any type of issues(viruses,worms or other malicious things) since I have had this program on my system. The N360 is new and improved for 2008. Before N360 I used NIS in combination with AD Aware and Spy Bot. With the N360 it will not let you use neither of the two because it has it own utilities that addresses all the issues you mentioned.

J

joerusso

wow! some fast feed back here as always!! well,I went with the first 2 or 3 posts and used the spybot...It nailed it all except the little sob called wildtangent and I had to find it using a great new program called search desktop..It was located in a script file--wth!!?? and of course this has been on my system since 2004. Its a game program and you can get it from AIM or yahoo messenger--lol I have both.. So, I deleted it and I'm now running spybot again to make sure that there is no bits left over and also using hijackthis--another great program.. whoa!! what a mess! this is just as bad as my electric! man! can a decent guy get a break?? thanks again for all of the help! Joe

GardenCraft

Jun 12, 2007
Lots of good suggestions. I got the monder.v trojan a few months ago and successfully removed it with the help of Tech Support Forum The site has some great applications that scan, repair and protect such as;
anti-virus; avast or avg
scans; hijackthis or pandascan(really good)
third-party firewalls
system cleaners
friendly, helpful advice
check it out