License for Shooting Club?

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
You should enquire at the Ministry of the Interior.

Interestingly enough...or probably not all that interesting...the Ministry of the Interior claims to not have any jurisdiction on this. So we located another shooting club in the Dominican Republic and they told us they received their license from the Army. When we contacted the Army HQ they said they had no idea how to get a license for a shooting club.

Apparently this is a new concept here ;) so I'll need to do some further digging to discover who we can obtain the licensing from. I just wanted to wrap this up in case anyone else was following.

AnonTraveler

Aug 6, 2008
Interestingly enough...or probably not all that interesting...the Ministry of the Interior claims to not have any jurisdiction on this. So we located another shooting club in the Dominican Republic and they told us they received their license from the Army. When we contacted the Army HQ they said they had no idea how to get a license for a shooting club.

Apparently this is a new concept here ;) so I'll need to do some further digging to discover who we can obtain the licensing from. I just wanted to wrap this up in case anyone else was following.

Simple. Find an the right person in the military hierarchy and pay the necessary propina. That is how these clubs are formed here. In other words, there is no real legal license to give...only personal permission.

Let us know when it opens!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Perhaps the shooting centre @ Casa de Campo can steer you in the right direction? I realize you would be their competition!

Shooting FAQ's

shootingcenter@codetel.net.do
Tel: (809) 523-3333

tambo'

Thank you but it was that club who referred us to the Army. I fear AnonTraveler might be correct in his (her) approach. Sigh.

All I wanna do is shoot clay pigeons. Sheesh. :ermm:

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I'm thinking of sending over a launcher and taking it to the finca. Not sure if clays are available locally though.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
much e z er than

we think. we are not dominicans follow the guns... like follow the money..... follow the guns.... it is a good idea... follow the $$$$... you will find your answer...

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
shoot

any developments here?? any progress. i think it is a solid $$$ making idea.;)