Atta boy

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Ok I have to do it. Playero deserves an atta boy.
Even though they sell out dated stock, try to cheat you for a peso here and a peso there, never have change, raise thier prices seemly daily they actually did it right.
Saturday I returned two bottles and bought two bottles of water at $34Rd each along with a lot of other items. Normal price. When i got home i noticed they charged me for the two bottles plus two bottles complete (with no return) at 190RD each. I went back yesterday to get a refund and was told to return today when the person who was in charge Saturday would be in. So I returned today and low and behold "no problema" filled out a form and had a store credit issued for 380RD. They would not refund cash, but only acredit, but that was more then i expected.
Playero..........atta boy. You keep that up you may even earn some customer loyality.

Bob K

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Yeah,
......... Customer service! B.S.!

They got caught RED handed.

Refused to give back the "CASH" they took form him,
..........makes him a future customer whether he wants to be or not.

Supposed that happened to someone that was not going to be around later to use a "STORE CREDIT"? They would be forced to buy something they did not really want.

I would have insisted on my money back.
It was their mistake, not mine.

STORE CREDIT is when YOU return something,
...... not when you want the money back they ripped off from you.

Talk about being "passive" when you should be sticking up for what is rightfully yours..

b5se1j.gif

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Yeah,

Supposed that happened to someone that was not going to be around later to use a "STORE CREDIT"? They would be forced to buy something they did not really want.

Talk about being "passive" when you should be sticking up for what is rightfully yours..

b5se1j.gif

After several attempts to return non-working/defective items to Playero and having spent each time HOURS at the return desk, I can confirm that getting money back is out of the question. In-store credit is the best possible scenario for a customer if he is persistent enough and has thick skin.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Yeah,

b5se1j.gif

The OP lives in the area and shops, I'm sure, at Playero with some regularity - whether or not he can/will use the store credit is not really relevant under those circumstances. He was just happy not to have to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Yes, I know Don, it's the principle but it's also about the blood pressure - at least for some...

Gregg

Reactions: Chirimoya

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
........... Yes, I know Don, it's the principle but it's also about the blood pressure - at least for some...

Gregg

Stuff like that does not raise my blood pressure ......
I just don't let them walk all over me .......

I only responded because of the comment about it being "Customer Service".
Guess we read from different dictionaries.

Some people think they can get away with things because they believe one will not make an issue of it.

"Principle" is not the issue, I just won't play their one sided games.

Just like the "mint" thing, if they won't accept a "mint" from me for payment,
I won't accept a "mint" from them as change.

In this particular case, they SHOULD have refunded the MONEY!

I do understand it is a local person involved.
The more people accept this kind of behavior from the stores, the more they will push you around. Help stop the molehills from becoming mountains !

Things don't change by being passive and just accepting it.
The whole country is in this same shape because of constant, "accept it" behavior.

"Where have I heard that before?"

b5se1j.gif

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sorry guys - my comment was meant tongue in cheek!!!! Customer Service - I don' think so......

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Great Service Today

My novia and I did our shopping yesterday at Playero and ended up with a bad box of breakfeast cereal.I exchanged it today with no questions asked and about 1 minute of my time at the customer service desk. Staff were friendly and courteous and I left a happy shopper....I,ll find out in the morning if my new box of "all inklusive" is any good.;)

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003

Talk about being "passive" when you should be sticking up for what is rightfully yours.

I only spend a couple of months a year in the DR, but I refuse to get my undies in a bunch over minor details.

Something I learned in business, don't have a $1,000 meeting over a $10 problem.

Reactions: FernieBee