Oktoberfest Puerto Plata

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
Does anyone have any information on Oktoberfest this weekend in Puerto Plata? We're going to go and I know there will be a bunch of people playing. Any info anyone?

Thanks!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
nooooooooo but.... oktoberfest here in Kitchener-Waterloo... 2nd largest in the world (first being germany)... CAN'T WAIT !!!

Only time of the year i'll tolerate germans :)

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
1400 per day( per person??), plus the cost of beer and food, don`t think there will be too many people.
I`ll have my German beer and sausages at home on the terrace.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I don't know if the 1400 Pesos thing is a rumor or not... but if that's what it's going to be, I predict that only Dominicans will go.... as absurd this may read :D

There will be an other October Fest at the German Butcher in Sosua two weeks later (Oct. 17th thru 19th)... I would be very surprised that that one will not be free, besides what ever one guzzles.

... J-D.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
That is the price I was quoted when I called the number on their website. I asked three times if this was per day or for the weekend - the response - cada dia!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
1400 per day( per person??), plus the cost of beer and food, don`t think there will be too many people.
I`ll have my German beer and sausages at home on the terrace.

BTW, where can one get real German sausage here in the DR? I really have a hankering for some "rindswurst".

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
The best place in Santo Domingo is Chalet Suizo, on the Malecon. Best German/Swiss cuisine in the country in my humble opinion. Imported beers include Franziskaner, Erdinger, Paulaner among others. I know the owner Paul is helping to organise Oktoberfest in Puerto Plata and he's a great chef!

milo

Jan 27, 2005
Ticket Price at the Door - RD$500

The price if you purchase tickets at the venue, it is RD$500 per person per day. The other price quoted from the tour operator included transportation from Santo Domingo, RD$1,400. Prost!