Add me to the list

edmslove

Nov 15, 2007
You can add me to the success story... I met a Dominican Man online @ a year ago and I'll tell everyone and anyone that he has changed my life... It will be one year tomorrow that we met for the first time... October 1 and on November 2 I was down in the DR to meet him.. I fell in love with a voice and the person did not fall far behind.

It scared me so much at first, but I haven't regretted it at all... He is my soulmate, my bestfriend, my companion, he's my everything and although he is still not here with me, (we are getting married in January 2009 on my next trip) I know he will be here with me soon.

I am so glad that someone in this world can relate to me and know what I am going through right now. Although we are apart, we talk to eachother everyday. It is not easy, but true love defends and conquers all. I'm looking at it this way, if I had to fly over 3000 miles to find the love of my life, so be it. He has changed me and everything the surrounds me. I see life in such a distinct way because of this man. He taught me to have faith again. I honestly think I have been blessed.

I will keep everyone posted as to when I will be down in the DR.

I actually need some input.. Is there a place we can stay that will cost less then a hotel and be safe in Santo Domingo.. Any input would be much appreciated...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You can add me to the success story... I met a Dominican Man online @ a year ago and I'll tell everyone and anyone that he has changed my life... It will be one year tomorrow that we met for the first time... October 1 and on November 2 I was down in the DR to meet him.. I fell in love with a voice and the person did not fall far behind.

It scared me so much at first, but I haven't regretted it at all... He is my soulmate, my bestfriend, my companion, he's my everything and although he is still not here with me, (we are getting married in January 2009 on my next trip) I know he will be here with me soon.

I am so glad that someone in this world can relate to me and know what I am going through right now. Although we are apart, we talk to eachother everyday. It is not easy, but true love defends and conquers all. I'm looking at it this way, if I had to fly over 3000 miles to find the love of my life, so be it. He has changed me and everything the surrounds me. I see life in such a distinct way because of this man. He taught me to have faith again. I honestly think I have been blessed.

I actually need some input.. Is there a place we can stay that will cost less then a hotel and be safe in Santo Domingo.. Any input would be much appreciated...

Amor de lejo..........................NEVERMIND!!!! Good Luck

this might get deleted but.............:tired::tired::tired::tired::tired::tired:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I moved your post because first of all the other thread is for people that have been together for a few years, married or living together in the same country.

You are also asking a question so best to have your own thread.

Good luck

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
It's a bit premature to add you to the success story list.

How long have you lived together?

I'd say you need at least a couple of years of living together to qualify for such a list.

Good luck.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A

If your man is Dominican, why would you need advise where to stay? Wouldn't he know the answer? Is he embarrassed of his home? You met him a year ago. How much time have you spent with him? What hotel or car wash does he work at. This marriage is doomed. Mark my words.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It's a bit premature to add you to the success story list.
How long have you lived together?
I'd say you need at least a couple of years of living together to qualify for such a list.
Good luck.

exactly, i would not qualify my own relationship as a success even thou i've lived here for over two years and we are married. when i reach my parents level - 34 years together this xmas - now, that IS a success! :)

Sep 19, 2005
WE allhope he doesnt work at a resort............pan to fingers crossed...!!!

but you have jumped...in your mind.....right now

(after you actually get married and combine bank accounts, then you have physically jumped off the bridge)

so there is little to say other than good luck and best wishes......and we hope the road isnt as rocky as we have learned it usually is.

How many trips have you taken to the DR to see him in person since that first trip last novemeber?

where will you live after the wedding??

I for one love success stories.... and am dying to hear a new one.

bad bob

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com

hope he doesnt change your bank account
good luck

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Let me get this timetable straight...

Met him online 10-01-07.

Met him in person 11-02-07.

According to your posts, is this the same guy you were talking about when you inquired about a visitor visa to Canada on 11-26-07?

And on 5-15-08 posted that you had applied for a visitor visa and would get a response soon from the embassy?

Was the request turned down? You never got back to us on that.

If you have known this person for a year now, according to this timetable you were inquiring about a visa for him 24 days after meeting him in person.

And I am assuming you did not spend those whole 24 days in the DR really getting to know him if you live in Canada and have a job that requires you to be there in person on a daily basis.

Now you are asking a question about inexpensive accommodations that he should be able to answer.

I am not trying to bash the OP here. Just wanted to put the pieces of this together since she has told us that this guy is her soul mate.

As for cheap accommodations, you would have to tell us how long you are staying and what budget you are on-there are places that will have a more inexpensive daily rate if you rent by the week.

Also it would help if you told us whether you would need a functioning kitchen and A/C or just a room with a fan.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'd like to add something here about visas.

Whether someone meets online or in person the natural thing would be to visit each other to get better acquainted. The non Dominican person would like it if the Dominican man/woman could come visit the country he/she lives in. The OP was asking about a visitor visa which we all know is very hard to get. So let's not be so hard on her for trying to find out how he could get one.

What I am concerned about is how many visits she has made to the DR and how many days they have spent together in the DR not on the phone, before deciding to get married.

Bliss comes with a big price attached to it. Maybe it will all work out maybe not, who knows.

Remember anyone can look like your soulmate if you don't have live with them everyday and then spend a week or two in bliss when you do.

Last edited: