I need a favor in Santo Domingo

Feb 7, 2007
Hello,

I need a favor in SD from somebody who lives/works/or passes by Av. Los Proceres (close to Kennedy). FEDEX.

I have a package that came from the US a week ago, destined for Higuey. Apparently FedEx uses a local delivery service for deliveries into the "remote parts" of this Island, such as Higuey. Now, the problem is, that FedEx station in SD does not take calls, all calls made to FedEx in the DR are directed to a call center in Mexico (numbers 809-566-3636 and toll free 200-3138).

The call center in Mexico is of little help, they only see a package was given to a local delivery service in the DR almost a week ago, but they do not know which delivery service or their phone number. What is very absurd that the call center cannot connect calls to the FedEx SD station. Mexico is the ones that handles everything. The call center in Mexico sends several messages to the SD station each and every day, regarding what delivery service has the package, but to no avail, they get no response from FedEx in SD.

I need a favor - somebody to physically go to FedEx located in Av Los Proceres, and ask what is the number to reach the SD station. The real number that does not forward calls to Mexico. The number to get ahold of somebody in Santo Domingo. Not 566-3636 nor 200-3138.

I need to speak to somebody in FedEx SD to find out about this package, as I said they do not respond to requests from FedEx call center in Mexico.

Alternatively, or additionally, to ask what company does interior deliveries for FedEx in the DR and what is their phone number.

Anybody can help please?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Basically m y friend, i think you are phucked!! You see, I discovered this idiocy about FedEx some time ago and it was just as ridiculous a scene...I live two long blocks from the Santiago office. Mycall goes to Mexico and they do not know shyte about anything.

So, I just go up the street...Or use DHL...

So, do me a favor and send me a PM with the FEDEX airway bill number, and I will go over there on Friday and see what is up. You will not get any phone number from them....believe me, I have tried...but i will give it another try just in case...

HB

Feb 7, 2007
Matilda, I will try the phone number tomorrow... thx

Hillbilly I'll PM you the number in the morning...thx for your assistance

Feb 7, 2007
I got a call from Fedex this morning that they would investigate about the package and get back to me. Surprise surprise they have not...
I got a number though 809 - 338 3636 and then I was tryng the extensions (as without entering extension numberit would not go further). I got lucky at extension 225 but the person was FROM Fedex in SD but of little help...