public hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Hi,

I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me what the public hospital(s) are like in Puerto Plata?? Are they acceptable, or would it be best for someone to go to a private hospital for, say, a broken bone, sickness, anythings really.

Thanks,

Laura

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I was very fortunate when i got VERY ill on my last trip. My friends arranged for a doctor to come to my apt and gave me two house calls, injections and meds...the whole bill came to about 60 USD (no insurance). Very affordable.

I dont think i would want to have heart surg in DR. But for basic needs i was very impressed by my experience.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I was in the public hospital 2 weeks ago with a friend of mine and if you got the money, go to the private clinic. The public hospital is a mad house.

And there was me trying to be tactful..............:cheeky: I too have visited that hospital both to interview the blood bank doctor & to see a friend and the word which came to mind wasn't mad house. It was abattoir. :ermm: No disrespect to hardworking doctors and the few nurses there are there, but hygiene seemed to be the job of patients' relatives and..........they weren't always there.

sueeng3

May 5, 2008
Both my husband and myself have been into the cento medico clinic and will say apart from the food it was very good.
Also my husband had to go to Santo Domingo to Cedimat, he had a triple heart by-pass, no time to get him back to England (thank god ) its the best hospital i ever seen, the doctors were fantastic as were the icu nurses. i for one would never worry again about anthing medical here in the DR, but not been to the free hospital

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Cedimat

Both my husband and myself have been into the cento medico clinic and will say apart from the food it was very good.
Also my husband had to go to Santo Domingo to Cedimat, he had a triple heart by-pass, no time to get him back to England (thank god ) its the best hospital i ever seen, the doctors were fantastic as were the icu nurses. i for one would never worry again about anthing medical here in the DR, but not been to the free hospital

CEDIMAT is in a class by its self here. Most of the ICU "Nurses" are Dr in training. Had Stents put in no bypass, but they are great. Dr. Pedro Unrena rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.