Passports

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
So my son was born 3 weeks ago and im applying for his UK passprt here. I was told to get his birth certificate from Puerto Plata which is done with no problems. And i had to get a similar form that was 'inextensa' (no idea what it means) but got it anyway. Went back to the consulate to apply and he stops and tells me it needs to be stamped in Santiago!!

He said there is a guy near Casa Nelson that will take it and get it stamped. Anybody know where to find this guy or how much he charges? Or am I better to go and do it myself?

Thanks.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
So my son was born 3 weeks ago and im applying for his UK passprt here. I was told to get his birth certificate from Puerto Plata which is done with no problems. And i had to get a similar form that was 'inextensa' (no idea what it means) but got it anyway. Went back to the consulate to apply and he stops and tells me it needs to be stamped in Santiago!!

He said there is a guy near Casa Nelson that will take it and get it stamped. Anybody know where to find this guy or how much he charges? Or am I better to go and do it myself?

Thanks.

Congratulations! The 'inextensa' is a shortened form of a birth certificate, I believe. Kind of an "abstract" in English terms.

I can't help with the UK part, tho, as I'm a Yank.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
The 'inextensa' is a shortened form of a birth certificate, I believe. Kind of an "abstract" in English terms.

In-Extensa, two words, means the long, full form of the document. In this case a birth certificate but the term is also used with other documents such as marriage certificate.

Congrats eralc777!

NotLurking

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
This may be helpful for UK citizens wanting to register the birth of their child and obtaining the childs passport.

What documents do we need to provide?
To register a birth a consulate or with the consular department in London you will need to provide:
  • child?s civil overseas birth certificate
  • mother?s full British birth certificate (or Home office naturalisation or registration certificate if born outside of the UK)
  • father?s full British birth certificate (or Home office naturalisation or registration certificate if born outside of the UK)
  • parent?s marriage certificate
  • One current British Passport
  • If one parent was born overseas, we will still need to see their overseas birth certifcate
We?ll need the original documents and two legible photocopies of each, and the application form plus one copy.

We can accept a certified copy of your passport but the bio-data page will need to be certified by a UK solicitor or a notary public registered with the Law Society

Source: Registering a birth overseas

NotLurking

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Thats great thanks! I have all the paperwork ready after various trips to the consulate.....now just need to know if theres a way i can beat the trip to Santiago just to stamp a piece of paper, or if it does have to be me who goes to do it.