Internet banking

morlandg

Feb 20, 2007
Has anyone any experience with Banco Santa Cruz's Bancanet internet banking service? Is it restricted to people living in the Dominican Republic or can anyone register and use the system? If it is restricted to people living there does anyone know if the other banks offer internet banking to non-residents?

DaveJohnson

Sep 30, 2008
response

I am also looking for a bank in the D.R. that I can access online and print out
a statement from.

That way, if you use your residency address in the D.R. for something you can print out your bank statement as added proof that your address is really
in the D.R.

Can anyone help? Which bank has this? thanks amigos and amigas, D.J.

J

joerusso

I am also looking for a bank in the D.R. that I can access online and print out
a statement from.

That way, if you use your residency address in the D.R. for something you can print out your bank statement as added proof that your address is really
in the D.R.

Can anyone help? Which bank has this? thanks amigos and amigas, D.J.

Yup! go to popular as i did. Not only do you have on-line access, but you can call 24-7 to get your info as well. I'm happy with them as well as commerce bank in the states. Also, just a heads up, this country is known for fraud!! its very hard to do any kind of transactions via on-line. I have a visa card tied into my USA bank account, and when I tried to make a purchase on-line I was denied. I contacted customer service and behold!! we are known as the country of thieves..

morlandg

Feb 20, 2007
online banking

Yup! go to popular as i did. Not only do you have on-line access, but you can call 24-7 to get your info as well. .

You obviously live in the DR - but I don't. When one tries to register with BSC it asks you for a valid DR telephone number for your work and home. I guess then the bank phones you on one of these numbers to confirm you are who you say you are. I don't have a valid DR telephone number so I cannot give my overseas number for them to call me. Hence my question - is the service for residents only? Is the popular bank registration different?

shortraymond

Jul 9, 2008
I'd just like to open a small savings account period. I've heard $300 your passport and a couple of references from two Dominican residents is all you need. Who can give info as what is acually required?

morlandg

Feb 20, 2007
Thanks xEnchantdFaeriex for answering my Q.... must be only you and me that bank at BSC.
I only want to transfer some money from my account to a friends account at the same bank. Maybe Ill have to wait until Im next in the country.

DaveJohnson

Sep 30, 2008
Scotia Bank

Scotia Bank requires a valid passport, one banking reference from a bank back home, a professional reference, and a deposit of about $500. Could
be that they require a reference from the D.R. as well. But if you go to
the Scotia web site and look for the D.R. branch you can find an email
to contact them by. Scotia is probably the safest bank in the D.R. from
what I understand.

Dave Johnson :glasses:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
like said above,
if they want they let ya participate in their online banking right away.
i do that in case of dominican banks for a pesos and a dollar account with BHD bank(office in bavaro/pc, accountant in charge W.K.D., i know it is not appropriate to write names, yeap, but pi$$$$), i do that specially with the dollar account since some years, since they started that services to offer, mostly sending money from my german eyro account to over here on my BHD dollar account. worked always fine. til the transaction i sent from the german bank account with the same like always used SWIFT code aso numbers(a pre-prepared form, i never changed on it anything else than the amount i sent since years), just this time i did not receive any money til NOW?
the provided swift showed that the money is always going from the german account to an offshore account of BHD dominicana in spain, named banco sabadel in a spain town named sabadel, but this time nothing arrived within the usual 4-5 labor days. i complained at the BHD office here in bavaro of course, because my german account shows the outgoing money with transfer code aso.
they could not find it , heck, who stole my money??
2 days ago i got an additional note from the BHD branch bavaro, stating that my transaction been cancelled by the receiving bank on september 12th(i sent the money on september 8th), they provided me with a cencellation transaction code(what ever such is really named, sorry) and adviced me that i need to contact my bank of departure of the transaction and provide that cancellation code to get further info.
sure i did so, got til now only the answer that they work on the case, still waiting.
with my homebank i work since 1980.
the cancellation code provided by the BHD dominicana showed that the money is not just running over their offered Sabadel offshore account, it is also running over Wachovia bank NY and other stages which i did not much understand, i am not a pro on such, just used to fill in the online form the amount i wanna send and the rest is prefilled in, and yeap, a week later i can walk by, stay in line a bit and take that money if i want to or move it by online banking to somewhere else.
actually i am really looking forward to the answer from my german homebank/departure point.
my point on this is the simple one:
we often do not know over what corners/ways the stuff runs and who is involved when doing such a simple transaction.
my german bank provided me at least with a new Swift code to transfer money on the same way, just over different corners, and it worked, i sent exactly a month after the failed one 300US with the new number and that money arrived, shows up since then on the BHD account here in bavaro.
looks like for some run down or what ever mess the former account(i usually use that for such transaction weekly since years, not some rare stuff) used by BHD is not longer existent.
shouldn't they inform their regular such channels using customers about the suspension of their used account and provide the new SWIFT code???
i would say : YES!!!
without my german bank i would til today not know about a new swift code to send money to my ole BHD account.
just wanna say:
be careful.
i am actually thinking alternatives.
not because maybe 2K$ got lost,
even every loss is a.p.i.t.a., we would not need to starve if it got not recovered,
but some do transactions on such legal and usual channels for larger amounts of money where it may result in a major desaster to loose a transaction, even independent of the amount of the sent money.
HEY BHD,
would still be interested in an explanation!!!
Mike