coconuts !

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I think my waters may have evaporated- they used to slosh round in-side but I cant hear anything now.

They have been dehusked for about three weeks .

Your site says they should be ok at room temp for six months...but doesnt it depend how hot your room is lol

Aug 21, 2007
Why don't you just open one up and see what you've got?

Once the coconut meat is a little on the dry side, cut it in strips, like thin French fries. Saute them is butter, then dip them in salt as you eat them. Oh, my gosh! It is wonderful! (You can't eat much, it is very rich.)

I learned this recipe from a friend who lived in Kenya.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in the times of communism a coconut was quite a commodity in my country - poland.
my aunt got a coconut from her son who did intern work on cruise ships - that was about 30 years ago. the coconut still looks good :cheeky:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
in the times of communism a coconut was quite a commodity in my country - poland.
my aunt got a coconut from her son who did intern work on cruise ships - that was about 30 years ago. the coconut still looks good :cheeky:

Yep,

the outer hard shell will last an eternenity
but the flesh inside would get green and moldy if not eaten
within a reasonable time.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I thought it was milk in young coconuts then turned to water in older ones then everything goes all dry,hard and tasteless as one gets older.....just looking for a coconut time-frame- when should one expect everything to dry up and start to rot