Home Help

Scoutman

Sep 18, 2008
I know this has been done to death on the forum, but:

I find myself in need of a domestic assistant. probably only a couple or hours a week plus laundry twice a week. I's really appreciate some advice or a recommendation.

I live down at the bottom of luperon and will of course pay travelling plus vey good hourly rate

Thanks

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I find myself in need of a domestic assistant. probably only a couple or hours a week plus laundry twice a week. I's really appreciate some advice or a recommendation.

I live down at the bottom of luperon and will of course pay travelling plus vey good hourly rate

Thanks
Jings Scoutman, you must be the only gringo in the country with this problem - I get offered 5 muchchas a week by the various Dominicans I talk to - EVERYONE wants to work for a GRINGO!:surprised:ermm::cheeky:!

I live up on the North Coast so I do not have recommendations for down there & specific suggestions might be difficult to follow as you don't understand Spanish. Why not get your dictionary out, look up the words for 'Home Help/cleaner', 'I need' or 'I would like', 'reliable & honest' then go down to the corner store/colmado & talk to the owner? Used to work wonders for us when WE first came here & soon got us integrated into the Dominican way of life! The first week we were here I needed to make up a gate to stop our dog getting out of the garden so I needed wood slats, nails, screws & gate latch ........... those words stick in my mind even today & I don't think I have used them more than 5 times in 16 years!!

Ahhhh, the fun of being an Ex-Pat!! ....... Good Luck ~ Grahame.