Riu Bambu - Mold or just a bad smell

kudra

May 6, 2006
Does anyone know if MOLD is a real problem at the Riu Bambu?

I have read alot of the vacation reviews for the Bambu and many of them talk about the need to bring an arsenal of room fresheners in order to make your room bearable.

I am planning to stay @ the Bambu for a friends wedding in November but I have a serious mold allergy.

Are some bungalows better than others? Is there mold everywhere?

Please share what you know.
Thanks - kudra

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just stay at the RUI BACHATA which is several rungs up on the comfort scale, part of the same complex of 3 resorts that use the same beach. You are allowed to use the facilities of all three resorts except food i belive.

Jul 28, 2008
I stayed at the Riu Bambu on my very first trip to the DR. That was back in July of 2004. I didn't notice any mold in my room. But, in all of the beachfront resorts that I've been in since, I've always noticed a dampness and a smell of dampness in the rooms. I think this is just normal. So, if you've got a really bad mold allergy, I suggest that you arm yourself accordingly, regardless of the property you choose. I think it's just a question of being co-located with the water.

Good luck.

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
i stayed at the bambu in punta cana and loved it
i never saw or smelled any mold

Jerzey7

Sep 15, 2008
I stayed at the Naiboa, it did have a damp smell. But once I informed the desk they came and freshened up the room turned the AC up and everything was ok for the rest of the 2 weeks I was there. Besides remember that when you are at these resorts you barely stay in the room.