Guagua from PUJ to "Town" and cheap place to stay

Berliner

Aug 9, 2007
Hi there,

I have to stay in Punta Cana next week waiting for my inland flight the next morning. I am living in Samana and I am used taking guaguas and negociate prices. Are there also guaguas from the airport or only taxis? And can anyone recommend a cheap hotel or room just to stay over night, safe and not to far away.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

Feb 7, 2007
SITRABAPU guaguas pass in front of the airport. You actually have to get to the intersaction (about 150 mts) to catch it.
The guagua can take you to Veron and there you find a lots of small and inexpensive (under RD$1,000 p/night) accomodations. Sorry I do not know which one to recommend. Maybe MIkeFischer can.

Berliner

Aug 9, 2007
SITRABAPU guaguas pass in front of the airport. You actually have to get to the intersaction (about 150 mts) to catch it.
The guagua can take you to Veron and there you find a lots of small and inexpensive (under RD$1,000 p/night) accomodations. Sorry I do not know which one to recommend. Maybe MIkeFischer can.

Thanks rubio for the information. emailed mikefisher but got no response.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Charlotte.
did not receive the e-mail, sorry.
in veron you could stay at the hotel at the parador Punta Cana, that would be the easiest one for you, because the guagua you take from the airport will pass there right at their frontdoor, they are on the mainstreet. in the morning you take the guagua to the airport just on the other side of the street. ask the frontdesk guy for the signal to stop the airport guagua, because there are 3 different lines passing by in the morning, but just one will go to the airport.
have fun
Mike

Berliner

Aug 9, 2007
hi Charlotte.
did not receive the e-mail, sorry.
in veron you could stay at the hotel at the parador Punta Cana, that would be the easiest one for you, because the guagua you take from the airport will pass there right at their frontdoor, they are on the mainstreet. in the morning you take the guagua to the airport just on the other side of the street. ask the frontdesk guy for the signal to stop the airport guagua, because there are 3 different lines passing by in the morning, but just one will go to the airport.
have fun
Mike

Thanks to you too! Finaly back in Samana, next time from PUJ over Santo Domingo to Samana, more relaxing than taking the ferry at Sabana del mar.