Can someone help me! I am clueless

yayi4859

Jun 13, 2007
Hi!
Does anyone know how and where do I need to go to renew my dominican passport, it is more than 40 years old last time I visited DR was a long time ago. I have been a permanent resident all of my life. I have a renewed resident card (5 years old). I need to go and visit and become familiar with the island but can't find out how to go about it. I am not familiar with anyone that speaks spanish let alone a dominican native. As I mentioned I have a permanent resident card.I need a new passport to travel have no interest in becoming a US citizen, almost did during my stint in the Army but for some reason I just rather stay as I was born a Dominican Republic proud citizen, never a USA patriot.I just don't want to alter the status quo of my birth. My parent were both dominican citizens, though my father became a citizen as a young adult. My mom never did, Irespect her for it. Any help will be appreciated and any local help once i get there will also be welcome and handsomely rewarded if need be. thx:surprised

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go to the nearest DR Consulate with your birth certificate, the DR passports of you and your Mom and Dad, even if they are 90 years old, and apply for a new passport. Piece of pie.

HB

yayi4859

Jun 13, 2007
thank you for your help, but is the nearest Consulate in DC or Chicago I am in Columbus, Ohio. Will need to travel, unfortunately I do not have the my parents passports available are they indispensable? do I really need them. I just want to make sure I have everything I need before the trip. I need to go to DR so settle a case of inheritance and will need lawyer and power of attorney, ect., where should I stay in Sto. Dgo without breaking the bank, say for a week. Could you recommend a good lawyer. thank for answering my plight.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yayi: Go to whichever is closer to you or cheaper to get to...it makes no difference.
You do need to gather all the evidence you can as to the nationality of your parents, in order for you to establish your Dominican citizenship. Of course, if you have your old passport, this will be fine...

If you are going to come to the DR, do a search here for "small hotels in Sto Dgo." And I think you will find something affordable.

Good luck,

HB