Work Requirements

Meraux

Sep 17, 2006
For persons seeking work in the DR as a foreigner, are there some basic requirements a person must first do? Or, does the employer handle the paperwork?

Gracias,

Leonardo

J

joerusso

For persons seeking work in the DR as a foreigner, are there some basic requirements a person must first do? Or, does the employer handle the paperwork?

Gracias,

Leonardo

I have worked 2 jobs here in the DR before becoming a contracted call center Agent. All you need is your passport and a resume with a photo or sometimes without the photo since in the states, this is not required of us. Some employers my want you to have a cingular-not sure of the spelling..but that's an ID from the DR or a proof of residence, but again, depends on the employer. Both jobs that I worked accepted my passport and I was hired. Hope this helps some.

A

apostropheman

Perhaps you meant a Cedula?
I have worked 2 jobs here in the DR before becoming a contracted call center Agent. All you need is your passport and a resume with a photo or sometimes without the photo since in the states, this is not required of us. Some employers my want you to have a cingular-not sure of the spelling..but that's an ID from the DR or a proof of residence, but again, depends on the employer. Both jobs that I worked accepted my passport and I was hired. Hope this helps some.

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007

Gracias,

Leonardo

I am job hunting here and my passport has been enough. I do provide evidence that my residency is in process but no one seems to care, with the exception of embassies and Vimenca. They do require cedulas. Good luck to you Leonardo.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Is a cedula required for a foreigner who is looking for short term work? For example over the winter months?

thanks,

curlyq

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, you can't get a c?dula without your resident permit and it takes more than 6 months to get that...or so they say...

HB

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
No, you can't get a c?dula without your resident permit and it takes more than 6 months to get that...or so they say...

HB

My residency was approved last week - I paid the $2380 and "should" have the cedula with 10-15 days meaning a total process time of 4.5 months. My room-mate, however, submitted her paperwork mid-January and her paperwork just got approved last week as well, so who knows. So 6 months is probably a fair guess.