Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bringing in extra suitcases from UK

Hi all

Does anyone know of an inexpensive way to bring over (from the UK) 3 x 20kilo suitcases (containing personal belongings - clothing, souvenirs etc)?

It seems that all UK flights limit baggage to 1 x approx 20kilo case + handluggage.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Extra Luggage

Quote Originally Posted by yb1 View Post
    Hi all

Does anyone know of an inexpensive way to bring over (from the UK) 3 x 20kilo suitcases (containing personal belongings - clothing, souvenirs etc)?

It seems that all UK flights limit baggage to 1 x approx 20kilo case + handluggage.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips!
    Hi,

You might want to speak directly to your airline customer services as, as you rightly point out, your maximum luggage allowance is 20kg no matter how many suitcases you have. They might be able to treat say a large box as freight but have a word with customer services, they can only say no. You might want to PM Lambada as she is a frequent returnee back to the UK.

Regards

Reidy

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I flew over with Air Europa last month and they allowed me 2 x 30kg plus hand luggage. Iberia have also upped their long haul luggage allowance to 46kg in 2 bags. Iberia also say that they will reduce the excess charges by 30% if booked in advance

As Reidy says if you travel thompsons/ first choice / thomas cook you only have about 20kg

Hope this helps

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou all.

I'll let you know the out come.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reidy620 View Post
    You might want to PM Lambada as she is a frequent returnee back to the UK.
    No she isn't. Where did this come from? I visit UK once every 3 years, I wouldn't call that frequent. There are those who visit far more regularly than me.

ybi1, I'm not the best person to help you due to my infrequent trips to UK. Going Premium will give you a slightly bigger weight allowance but it won't meet what you want. There are companies which freight boxes from UK to DR but you would need to google search for them.

Donchya love it when people volunteer you based on incorrect info.......

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    No she isn't. Where did this come from? I visit UK once every 3 years, I wouldn't call that frequent. There are those who visit far more regularly than me.

ybi1, I'm not the best person to help you due to my infrequent trips to UK. Going Premium will give you a slightly bigger weight allowance but it won't meet what you want. There are companies which freight boxes from UK to DR but you would need to google search for them.

Donchya love it when people volunteer you based on incorrect info.......
    OOPs ~ sorry, I was under the impression you went to the UK a couple of times a year. That'll teach me........

Regards

Reidy

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reidy620 View Post
    OOPs ~ sorry, I was under the impression you went to the UK a couple of times a year. That'll teach me........
    Apology accepted . There's no way I could visit UK that often (I feel like a fish out of water there after 16 years here, it just isn't my country any more). I used to go once every 2 years, now it's once every 3. Spot the trend?

Here's the DHL link for yb1
    DHL | Dominican Republic | Air Value

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Gracias for the DHL link Lambada.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile sweetly at the girl at check-in - it worked for us! We came here with 90kg total between two of us .....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

when you check your cases in tell them you have scuba gear....i always get 40kg of baggage.... be careful though sometimes they ask to see some evidence, such as your divers ID card... fortunatley i have a card, its worth trying to blagg it though!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast