Dominican Republic Colleges

SCM30

Apr 30, 2008
Hey everyone...I've been on here reading threads for months and have finally decide to post something myself. So, I'm in nursing school in Georgia and was wondering if there were any US accredited Schools in DR that offered a Bachelor's in Science. I've searched a few but haven't found any myself...(idk, maybe there aren't any?) I'm in the process of learning spanish now (rosetta stone) and have been playing with the idea of schooling there for many reasons. I want it to be US accredited so that i could do contract nursing in the US if I ever decided that I wanted to move to DR permantly. All comments, suggestions,and jeers welcome!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey everyone...I've been on here reading threads for months and have finally decide to post something myself. So, I'm in nursing school in Georgia and was wondering if there were any US accredited Schools in DR that offered a Bachelor's in Science. I've searched a few but haven't found any myself...(idk, maybe there aren't any?) I'm in the process of learning spanish now (rosetta stone) and have been playing with the idea of schooling there for many reasons. I want it to be US accredited so that i could do contract nursing in the US if I ever decided that I wanted to move to DR permantly. All comments, suggestions,and jeers welcome!

Hey! I'm sorry, I don't know about the schools but I know about Nursing. I have been a Nurse for 8 years. You cannot do contract nursing without AT LEAST 1 year of solid nursing experience in a hospital setting in the US (preferably a big hospital, university hospitals are the best), and some contract hospitals won't take you with the one year, they want to see 2-3. You can always find a desperate hospital to take you early but you may not get what you want out of the bargain ($$$). If you are thinking of moving, get your experience first...in the US
SHALENA

SCM30

Apr 30, 2008
Thanks alot for that info Shalena. I had been looking up info in the web for contract nursing for a while and it's a bit confusing. Somewhere I read that most contracts are at least four weeks at a time. Is that true? Right now I'm in the prerequisite stage of nursing and there hasn't been anyone I could find to give me answers. You're right though...It would be best and way less complicated to just finish schooling here and go ahead and get my experience. The idea of studying abroad seemed so nice though! I definately want to work at a good hospital. Do you know of any websites I could go to with further information??