Costambar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
The Costambar forum was closed because all the old farts were raking up all the old, old arguments from the past & couldn't look to the future for the betterment of the community.

So I thought I'd start something on here ........... but I'm not holding my breath lol

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The Costambar forum was closed because all the old farts were raking up all the old, old arguments from the past & couldn't look to the future for the betterment of the community.

So I thought I'd start something on here ........... but I'm not holding my breath lol
I must admit that we see very little on this forum about Costambar ffritz. Is that because the people who live there do not think there is much future for themselves in living in that community do you think?

As an outsider (of Costambar) but someone who visits occasionally, I find the place has LOADS of potential. YES it would need quite a bit of money spending on roads & amenities, but with a strong determination & community spirit I am sure these aspects could be overcome & Costambar could become somewhere desirable to live in again!!

What is it do you think that causes the residents of Costambar to be reticent in coming forward? ~ Grahame.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Grahame
I think the main reason Costambar residents don't say much on here is the bars open at 8am .....

The infrastructure is a major problem for the town, as is the planta. Having said all that there is something of a boom in construction at the moment with over half a dozen projects started or near completion.

I like Costambar because it is a unique, cosmopolitan community ........ & cheap ;-)

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
My wife and I looked at about six properties in Costambar earlier on this year whilst shopping for an apartment. I must say that it was totally different than what we imagined: it was a lot bigger and spread out with, what appeared to us, very little co-operation between developers resulting in a little "towns-within-a-town" feeling about the place.

I asked for DR1'ers views on the area in March
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/73693-thinking-investing-property-costambar.html
and although the overall feeling seemed to be negative, (especially regarding the access road), I received a number of PM's from very happy visitors & residents who were more than satisfied with the area.

We were very taken with the area, however decided to buy elsewhere.

One of the comments that we overheard whilst we were in the area was that there was a chance of having problems with the beaches being polluted from the industries in Puerto Plata because of the East to West tidal flow, how true this is I don't know but thought it worth mentioning.

Anyway, that my two pennies worth (for what it's worth) !

Regards

Reidy

Reactions: FernieBee

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
When you get PMs like that it could be because what they have to say would be contradicted by other people if they say it in public and probably means they are BSSSSSing you and what you say about the water is true but it could be a great investment for the future because properties are cheap now and they will eventually clean up the water.

I think the reason that we got the PM's was that, if you read the thread, it seemed to go off at a tangent and was the only way for them to get their info across without being shouted down. At no time did I feel I was being fed BS, the opposite actually, I was given the info I wanted whilst the thread went off on its merry way.

"Contradiction" seems to be a national sport to some "knowledgeable" posters on DR1 and, whilst I have nothing against healthy debate, I was after information & I got it.

We would have invested in a property in the area that was ideal but were very fortunate enough to find something that caught our eye & ticked all the boxes on the list in another area.

Regards

Reidy

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Sorry if I assumed wrong about the PM's,

No problems & accepted.
I'm sometimes amused & confused by the "all knowing ones" when they seem to have missed what the OP's info request was about in the first place and proceed to go off on their own agenda.
Anyway Al Al, back to post : I have to wait to Jan now to sample the delights of the DR again but will definitely catch a gua-gau up to the beach at CostAmbar for a beer (but not on a Monday morning).

Regards

Reidy

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
No probs ~ We bought in Sos?a, (or more precisely just outside of), up near to Tradewinds, next to Casa Ma?ana. As I said, it ticked "all the boxes" and; even as we speak my wife is on a plane back home after taking over what felt like 10 tons of essentials for it. But if we hadn't found this property we would have bought one we saw in CostAmbar (and that is after looking all around Sos?a and Cabarete as well). We have never been keen on the East or South so we narrowed our search to the North coast.

CostAmbar came a very, very close second!

Do you want to tell us where you bought or if you would rather not that is OK to.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
In that new building under construction or in the Palms? That is a great area to live in.

Hi Al Al,

Yes ~ It's in the small condo development (10 apartments) that's just a little bit further up from Tradewinds on the left hand side; adjacent to the B&B (Casa Ma?ana).

As I said, for us, it ticked all the boxes and that's why we didn't go for CoatAmbar; but it was close

And, yes, it is a nice area to live in :)

Regards

Reidy

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Grahame
I think the main reason Costambar residents don't say much on here is the bars open at 8am .....

Are you serious ffritz? Costambar residents then aren't old 'farts' but old (or young :cheeky:) soaks? Since I know a number of long term Costambar residents who are very busy people doing a whole heap of useful things none of which includes getting sozzled at 8 am I'm going to assume you're joking. ;)

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Reidy I'm biased ......... but my dog walks on the beach & apart from the runs due to drinking salt water he's thriving. Anyaway who wants to live forever? It's undignified lol

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
All they have to do is clean up the port and costambar properties will double in value. The country is modernising and it is only a matter of time before they finally clean up the water there. The hard part is guessing when they will do it. Anyone who buys a year or two before it happens will make a lot of money.

They have been 'cleaning up the water' for 20 years. Yes, its a matter of time, a long time.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
I'm always joking Lambada ............

Except when I'm not ;-)

Seriously tho, the vast of the people we choose to associate ourselves with in town are those who work not the soaks.

Curiously some of our best friends are bar & restaurant owners lol

sueeng3

May 5, 2008
Hi all, i can tell you Costambar is one of the nicest places i know, i am posting this from the frozen north (England) lol i am back home on the 5th of November and cant wait, i now know thw only thing i miss about this place is family,cant wait to see you all there soon

gibbs

May 31, 2005
I hate to bring up sore subjects, but how is the entrance to Costambar these days? :paranoid:

Status
Not open for further replies.