Riding the Gua Gua (bus) - Mr. Lu Productions

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Short clip. Riding the gua gua...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGNbVFQdtno"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGNbVFQdtno" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Music: "Todavia No Hay Na" by Villano Sam ft. Vakero and Dkano

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
This gua-gua seemed to have little relation to gua-guas I have used.

1. There was only one person per seat. In my experience the average is at least 1.5.
2. There were no babies or chickens being passed from passenger to passenger as people struggled to get from their seat to the exit.
3. The tickets appeared to be being sold in an orderly manner, rather than being bartered for at the time of exit.

May 12, 2005
Good job Mr. Lu. Now how about a video of riding in a publico?? Can you survive without being pickpocketed or having your leg crushed by a large woman carrying 12 bags??

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Passing chickens? Not even in the 90s did I see that on the guaguas and believe me, I was a frequent rider....maybe it's just in Santo Domingo that you don't see live poultry riding along with humans, haha!

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Thanks

Good job Mr. Lu. Now how about a video of riding in a publico?? Can you survive without being pickpocketed or having your leg crushed by a large woman carrying 12 bags??

I appreciate all the support. I am working on more videos and live shots of SD and the DR. This was just a test trial with a new camera and editing software. I have a few storyboards and things to do, so the next video should be a bit more coherent.

Cheers,

Mr. Lu

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I appreciate all the support. I am working on more videos and live shots of SD and the DR. This was just a test trial with a new camera and editing software. I have a few storyboards and things to do, so the next video should be a bit more coherent.

Cheers,

Mr. Lu

Watch out Domincan Kidd, Mr. Lu is taking over!!!!:cheeky:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Passing chickens? Not even in the 90s did I see that on the guaguas and believe me, I was a frequent rider....maybe it's just in Santo Domingo that you don't see live poultry riding along with humans, haha!

i have not seen chickens yet but i have been splashed with the water from a fish tank (well, a big plastic barrel). with fish in it. live.

i have to say i love guaguas, using them is an adventure itself! :cheeky:
last time i travelled on a guagua from sabaneta to sosua i sat on half on my butt with one leg sticking out through the door, in addition there were 23 people inside including a dude with a full size mirror, placed strategically on a step and held by his arm (from the inside) and my foot (from the outside). still, it felt much safer then my previous trip when i had to stand on a step, butt sticking out, my bags held by rather confused and scared looking gringo.

super!