The President's Occasional Pilot

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
This one was too good to miss.

Did you read the DR1 Daily News closely today? Read the last story about ties to drug dealers. Then let me point out the obvious:

DR1 Dominican news is referencing a recent memorandum that was circulated throughout the Dominican military that ?prohibits Armed Forces officers from maintaining ties with people linked to the drug trade.? Evidently President Leonel Fernandez?s occasional pilot, Lieutenant Colonel Harold Manzano Garcia, didn?t get the memo. He was just fired for such a violation. No, not investigated -just ?laid off.? Shocking? Not really.

Isn't it amazing that this memo was thought necessary? Is there that much confusion as to what the policy is?

RHM

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
RHM, read the story: he wasn't the president's main pilot, he only flew him occasionally. That makes it all right, apparently. :rolleyes:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
RHM, read the story: he wasn't the president's main pilot, he only flew him occasionally. That makes it all right, apparently. :rolleyes:

You're right.

And at least there has never been a narco-trafficker's helicopter parked next the the president's in the presidential hanger.

That would just be too weird.

Oh wait, that did happen.

Never mind.

:)

RHM

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I remember the story of Hippo's chartered plane landing in Miami with of coke.

I wonder if those two pilots are still in jail. I think one talked and the other had the family threatened and buttoned up.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
According to many pilots Harold Manzano is the only Dominican pilot who is capable to fly this kind of helicopter. Who was flying on the other "occasions"?
He is also flying for the president and execs of Banco Popular and used to fly for Central Romana.