Potential North Coast Residents Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanflamenco

Jan 2, 2006
"I have documentary evidence to support all I allege here."

Added by Robert.

Then I suggest you add it and also reveal who you are.

Sorry, I will not allow people to anonymously use DR1 as
vehicle for vendetta.

Last edited by a moderator:

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Quite the unfortunate story and I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered here. Alas no country is immune from those who prey upon others. This shows clearly why everyone should remain "buyer beware" in any and all situations, particularly in moving to an unknown area.

Strange as it seems, I had an almost opposite situation. The people I encountered when first arriving here were gracious, friendly, helpful and never asked for a dime. Some of them have remained friends while others have moved on in life. But I thank my lucky stars they helped me enter smoothly into this society.

My experience, tho, has been that the non-Dominicans are much more predatory and malicious to other non-Dominicans than the Dominicans. I've never had an issue with a Dominican of this type.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My experience, tho, has been that the non-Dominicans are much more predatory and malicious to other non-Dominicans than the Dominicans. I've never had an issue with a Dominican of this type.
My experience is that expats need closer scrutiny than most Dominicans do.

Reactions: FernieBee

aross

Nov 15, 2007
It is unfortunate that some people will anonymously hide behind their ?nom de plumes? in a public forum and post accusations without documentation in order to try and smear the names of good people. I am aware there are 2 sides to most situations but I for one have more faith in those who lead by example and commit themselves to the education of and being helpful to newbie Expats such as me. By sticking it out through thick and thin over the years and not running away from things by going back and forth to their homeland when things get a little dicey or tough, they are much more qualified and believable in the advice they give to others.

So I say to you, (the objects of smearing comments and you know who you are), keep up the good work be it
1) offering advice on DR1 to a newbie about life in the DR or
2) offering advice to a newbie about his swing on the golf course or
3) offering advice to a newbie wannabe author on how to write a best seller.

Reactions: Bronxboy

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
it's in the USA also!!

If you go up to Miami after an hurricane you will be suprise how many con artist come down to pray on the ones who needs help to rebuild.
If you set your self up as a pray then you will always attract predators.Learn to change your deminors to survive in a difficult environnement, no more different to live in LA or brooklin.Westerners will always be seen as prays because of their cindness,their democratic toughts and some time their stupidity.No offence to you!!!:cheeky:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
What was the point in even leaving this thread open after taking the relevant content out of the original note?

Presumably to allow the OP to "add it and also reveal who you are" if they desire to. Apparently they are choosing to remain hidden and this thread will eventually sink like the dross it probably is.

Gregg

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
After another day or so I'll close it if the OP doesn't respond...

That will seal it's fate.

Gregg

Perhaps allowing the thread to 'die' will kill off other's curiosity - sure if the OP wants to state his alleged "proof" and identity he will do so elsewhere on the Forum.

alanflamenco

Jan 2, 2006
The evidence I have is contained in reams of emails, if I edit them to reveal the relevant threats and allegations then I will be open to the accusations that 'he made them all up' Posting them here in their entirity would I am sure take up too much space and bore readers anxious to get to the relevant parts.The persons to whom I am referring know who they are and I am sure regular readers of this forum know who I am talking about too. Suffice to say that all evidence is securred and if I can find any legal way to pursue these malicious allegations then I will. Alan Lovett.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The evidence I have is contained in reams of emails, if I edit them to reveal the relevant threats and allegations then I will be open to the accusations that 'he made them all up' Posting them here in their entirity would I am sure take up too much space and bore readers anxious to get to the relevant parts.The persons to whom I am referring know who they are and I am sure regular readers of this forum know who I am talking about too. Suffice to say that all evidence is securred and if I can find any legal way to pursue these malicious allegations then I will. Alan Lovett.

Why not just post one short E Mail so we know you are not just making this up. Yes, I know who you are talking about, but I would have to have hard evidence to believe anything you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.