Grand Oasis Bavaro pictures

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Nice pics . Looks like a great resort to go . I like the Junior Suite , the bed looks very nice , Jacuzzi on the balcony , great view from the balcony , gardens , flamingos ... very nice indeed . Thanks Hlywud !

Wannago

May 27, 2004
They are nice pictures, but they look like the Grand Oasis Punta Cana. I was there on vacation when Hllywud was there. Great time... but at G.O. Punta Cana not Bavaro.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
OMG....I miss Bavaro Beach!! the pictures are soooo great!! i just love all the pics with the palms, they are so beautiful!!

why are so many Palm trees on Bavaro Beach uprooted? does that mean they are gonna die? I hope not!! I wonder how old those trees are?

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
very nice pics! i have never been to Punta Cana....only to Bavaro, nice to see these resorts are beautiful in that area! great job posting the pics Wud! now i am fiending to go....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Wud been in the bavaro section of the grand oasis punta cana.
the so named grand oasis bavaro is the new section with new separate entrance and lobby aside(behind, more off the beach).
and it is located in cabeza de toro, def not bavaro beach, that would be more north of cabeza de toro.
Mike

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Wud been in the bavaro section of the grand oasis punta cana.
the so named grand oasis bavaro is the new section with new separate entrance and lobby aside(behind, more off the beach).
and it is located in cabeza de toro, def not bavaro beach, that would be more north of cabeza de toro.
Mike

Help me, I know you won't get lost at sea. I'm all mixed up:squareeye:eek: I thought that going from Cortecito to Cap Cana we were going East.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hmmmm

Jalen , Bavaro is in Punta Cana? No?

i guess....they are not that far away/apart but i was in a very NON touristy area so i imagined it wasnt Punta Cana? I am no expert of that side of the island....i didnt like it very much, just went there to see it and see the beaches, asides from that no night life so it was....ehhhhh :ermm:
maybe a resort there next time? :ninja:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
i guess....they are not that far away/apart but i was in a very NON touristy area so i imagined it wasnt Punta Cana? I am no expert of that side of the island....i didnt like it very much, just went there to see it and see the beaches, asides from that no night life so it was....ehhhhh :ermm:
maybe a resort there next time? :ninja:

Possibly a resort if you are there to just "chill" I have to admit from what i saw, the crowd was older....but the beaches were really nice...Saona Island is really beautiful...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mariposa,
over here we are on the east coast of the dominican republic,
so if you wanna walk to the east you need to swim, because that's where we have the atlantic ocean in front of our homedoor.
to walk from El Cortecito towrds Cap Cana you have to go south along the east coast, in the middle of that very long way you pass Cabeza de Toro, so El Cortectio and the whole Bavaro area is from cabeza de Toro located northwards along the east coast. like Key Largo would be Cap Cana, Miami seen as Cabeza de Toro and West Palm Beach as Bavaro, all located on an east coast, to reach one from a other, you have to walk south or north, east is the water, west would be towards the center of the land.
happy travel
Mike

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Mariposa,
over here we are on the east coast of the dominican republic,
so if you wanna walk to the east you need to swim, because that's where we have the atlantic ocean in front of our homedoor.
to walk from El Cortecito towrds Cap Cana you have to go south along the east coast, in the middle of that very long way you pass Cabeza de Toro, so El Cortectio and the whole Bavaro area is from cabeza de Toro located northwards along the east coast. like Key Largo would be Cap Cana, Miami seen as Cabeza de Toro and West Palm Beach as Bavaro, all located on an east coast, to reach one from a other, you have to walk south or north, east is the water, west would be towards the center of the land.
happy travel
Mike

So Cap Cana is southeast of El Cortecito ?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I think everyone has their own definition of "older" to me older is 75+, And God it will be great to be older with good health, beacuse those are the people that are really deserving of excellent vacations.

I met an 82 year old man not long ago, and he was a bomber pilot for the air force, the most interesting and intelligent conversation I have had in a long while.
Met another older fella in Cuba, we went on a booze cruise with him....never had so much fun in my life!! G-string and all!!
the older crowd we run into in Punta cana, all about veggin out!! an occasional breaststroke in the ocean and back to the beach!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
nobody is OLD unless he feels so, ha ha.
and yes, i enjoy conversations with an Adults crowd(sounds much better to me than ole, agree) much more than any other.
Mariposa,
it took me a while because i am since a week on a new laptop after my OLE one died, not by age, just by a fu... 'puter virus, so i had to install my foto programs first to prepare you a map.
sorry that it is a simple one, i usually like to prpare maps of an area in a nice way, but on the laptop i am right now out here i do not have any save to post you.
like you can see on the map from el cortecito you walk along the beach first southeastwards, at the end of the bavaro beach bay even for a short distance north east, and then from after you passed my house from Cabo engano on you walk of course still along the beach line to the southwest til you reach Cap Cana.
if you would draw a line throu the air, straight from cortecito to cap cana it would be nearly a southwards one.
of course all in theory,
much too far for a beach stroll,
even for the by far not ole ones, ha ha
Mike

2790858420104227920S600x600Q85.jpg

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
on that case they are the same.
today they received officially the notice about their fine, that's a 11.8 millions of pesos, they also received the deadline til when they have to pay the fine and to fix their problem, if they fail on one of them they def would be closed.
i don't think the investors/owners will fail on such, would mean many lost money.
and i appreciate that they got a dealine set, finally, there are rules in case of the environment when you construct a hotel/resort, and they are in my eyes very good ones, the ones we miss in europe all around the mediterranian, so they comply to the laws or we may use the grounds to built an other baseball field, lol.
Mike

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
on that case they are the same.
today they received officially the notice about their fine, that's a 11.8 millions of pesos, they also received the deadline til when they have to pay the fine and to fix their problem, if they fail on one of them they def would be closed.
i don't think the investors/owners will fail on such, would mean many lost money.
and i appreciate that they got a dealine set, finally, there are rules in case of the environment when you construct a hotel/resort, and they are in my eyes very good ones, the ones we miss in europe all around the mediterranian, so they comply to the laws or we may use the grounds to built an other baseball field, lol.
Mike

Just reported on news here Mike that they have closed. I agree that they should be strict with this issue. I wish they were that strict with individuals who throw garbage everywhere.

I have posted in living section about this Mike maybe you could give your imput as i know you are close.

Thanks