Help help Marriage certificate

carrieclark

Oct 13, 2008
Please ignore my ignorance as I do not know how these forums work or what the etiquette is but I am grasping at straws to get help.

I got married in Costamber, just outside puerto plata in 1994 and have since lost my marriage certificate.. I need a divorce and can not get one without a new certificate.. the dominican embassy won't help me and all the phone numbers I have are spanish speakers and I can not speak a word of the beautiful language.... Does anyone have an address or any info that can help me, I need to get hold of the Justice of the peace I believe.

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Hi Carrie,
did you register your marriage in your home country's Dominican Embassy when you returned? If so, they are able to get you a copy from their system. If not, the only option is to get one from the Dominican Repubic.
Do you know anyone that can get you one and then UPS it to you?

carrieclark

Oct 13, 2008
certificate

Hi, No I did not know that anyone can get a copy, it is finding someone that is the problem . Also I have no idea of the address etc to contact in dominican to get it. have tried to get it from the dominican embassy in london but they do not even return my call. I was hoping I could send a letter to request one but have tried this twice over the years with no luck even though I am not sure that I have even sent to correct address, I am hoping someone could confirm the actual address and proceedure for me. I did not register the marriage with the embassy as I was not advised I had too. what a mess!!!!

Carrie

carrieclark

Oct 13, 2008
Does anyone know of a person or company in Dominican who could go and collect a duplicate wedding certificate for me ?? I now have all the relevant info, Certificate number etc.... I can not afford to fly myself over to get one ... as much as I would love a holiday !! Any I am desperate to get a duplicate so that i can divorce...

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Try contacting your Embassy in Santo Domingo, explain the problem and see if someone there will help you.

In the meantime contact Sr Guzman in this areaa of DR1, give his firm a Power of Attorney to do the search for you andget you an Official Copy of your marriage Certificate, "En Extencia".
That might coat you a few pounds, but Sr. Guzman will get the job done for you.
Search through the many posts in this section, look up a post by Sr Guzman and PM him, explaining your problem. He'll answer with clear instructions as to how much the cost, etc.

Good Luck.

Texas Bill

carrieclark

Oct 13, 2008
Thank you so much, I have taken your advise and contacted Mr Guzman to see if he can help. Much apreciated. regards Carrie