Translation and Legalization of US Birth Certificate

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I undertand many folks seeking their Provisional Residency are having problems getting their US Birth Certificates officially translated/notorized and Legalized by the Dominican Consulate in the US.

I picked up mine at the FedEx office at STI this afternoon.

I found an excellent, reliable translator resource in Miami, and helpful folks within the Dominican Consulate in Miami.

If you need a referral, drop me a PM or email, and I'll pass their info to you.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I undertand many folks seeking their Provisional Residency are having problems getting their US Birth Certificates officially translated/notorized and Legalized by the Dominican Consulate in the US................

Isn’t it just a matter of mailing the birth certificate to the Dominican Consulate in the USA with a SASE and the appropriate fee?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Isn?t it just a matter of mailing the birth certificate to the Dominican Consulate in the USA with a SASE and the appropriate fee?
Nope.

A certified copy of a US birth certificate has to be translated by an official translator, then notorized, before it goes to the consulate.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Nope.

A certified copy of a US birth certificate has to be translated by an official translator, then notorized, before it goes to the consulate.

Read items 12, 13, and 14.

Embassy of the Dominican Republic, in the United States

You can mail your birth certificate to the Dominican Consulate in NYC. They will legalize the document for you in three days and return it to you in a SASE. If you are using the Guzman Law Firm for your residency they will take care of the translation. The fee for the translation is included in their flat rate.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Read items 12, 13, and 14.

Embassy of the Dominican Republic, in the United States

You can mail your birth certificate to the Dominican Consulate in NYC. They will legalize the document for you in three days and return it to you in a SASE. If you are using the Guzman Law Firm for your residency they will take care of the translation. The fee for the translation is included in their flat rate.
Well, as of last week, the Dominican Consulate in Miami required a notorized translation by a designated official translator to Legalize my Birth Certificate. They clearly stated they do NOT do official translations of them.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Orlando

The Consul in Orlando has a Dominican lawyer working in his store who does the official translation and notorization of your COB and forwards the paperwork to the Miami Consulate for legalization and then returns it to you in your SASE.
Fee for all was $80.
Same for marriage, divorce if applicable, and proof of income,

Last edited: