Anyone configured linksys PAP2-T VOIP adapter?

Feb 7, 2007
Anyone having experience configuring Linksys PAP2-xx or Linksys SPAxxx ATA (VOIP) adapter?
I bought 2 units factory unlocked, but am having heck of a bad luck trying to get them working. I followed all instructions from VOIP providers (even with picture guides) entering all information where it should be entered, but the adapters don't connect. Same user/login/SIP settings work fine on a softphone on my computer. I tried changing all possible and impossible settings in both VOIP (ATA) adapter and router (also Linksys), to no avail.

I have one VOIP adapter (same product line) from Lingo (newer model SPA2102) which came preconfigured and works fine with or without the router.

For those who have no experience with PAP2xx or SPAXXX adapters - which VOIP adapter do you use in the DR behind a router that you CONFIGURED yourself? NO PRECONFIGURED ADAPTER information please.

Thank you!

Feb 7, 2007
After about 8 hours of fruitless attempts to get the adapters working, numerous reading through newsgroups, boards and support forums, I finally got them working.

I actually don't know WHAT caused them to start working, but I :

- upgraded firmware on both the VOIP adapters and the router
- used remote configuration script for sipgate.co.uk to configure one PAP2T
- changed the nameservers in config
- enabled syslog debug and full SIP debugging

Then... when I looked back to main screen, the SIP service was registered and the adapters working. I chnaged the SIp settings to my VOIP service settings and have them running since...

8 hours of this...have enough... am going to bed.