Cabarete shooting of US citizen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Does anyone know if the Taxi driver, who shot the U.S. citizen in the arm after a road rage incident a couple of weeks ago, has been arrested????

Mar 2, 2008
Apparently, and according only to what I had read on DR1 in a previous thread, the taxi driver was not arrested.

The person who was shot chose not to file charges. He was concerned that the taxi driver was too well-connected to the police and had a long history of literally getting away with murder.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If it is OK with Senor Blanco I will give an update. Gary, who was shot is currently in a hospital in Alabama with some complications, due to the shooting.

The shooter is NOT in jail, nor has Gary filed charges against him yet.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you SKY for the update, I know Gary, from the complexe where he lived and I do hope he will be ok.
I still do not understand why he would need to file charges for a shooting...would it not be an automatic arrest if you discharge your firearm at someone????? It does concern me very much that this Taxi driver is out there, apparently having done this a coupe of times before.....

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
I still do not understand why would you need to press charges in an attempted murder case????

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I still do not understand why would you need to press charges in an attempted murder case????

If it's your neighbor, you live in a corrupt society and an outsider, then maybe you'll think twice. This isn't Kansas....

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
You forgot something, did you not??

no complaint, no victim = no crime IN THE D.R.

Used to be that way in many parts of the world, esp. the american south and poor areas. Still is a problem in too many places to list.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If it's your neighbor, you live in a corrupt society and an outsider, then maybe you'll think twice. This isn't Kansas....

In this country, it is wise that when filing any complaint in Court, that you are prepared to handle things "out of court" as well.

Reactions: badpiece33

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
The police are too busy making arrests and enquiries in connection with a laptop stolen from a jeepeta.

May 12, 2005
There seems to be a lot of speculation and rumors flying around. I don't see a reason to keep this open any longer. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.