New Residential Development near Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Can anybody tell me how to get hold of John Berland and Alan, the British blokes that are putting together the new large residential development with golf course near the mountain?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Well it is NOT La Colonia then. That IS on the Playa Dorada side right next to Star Hills.

Sorry to be unhelpful on this occasion but I have heard NOTHING of another golf course being built over there. I'll see if anyone knows anything down at Playa Dorada club this afternoon. ~ Grahame.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Which Mountain

If the mountain is La Isabela, then Costambar and Playa Dorada are on the same side of it, kind of. But La Colonia golf course and development has no Brits involved that I know of. Mystery to me and haven't heard a thing of it. Which mountain are you talking about Stefan? the hillside/mountain above Cofresi or La Isabela?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If the mountain is La Isabela, then Costambar and Playa Dorada are on the same side of it, kind of. But La Colonia golf course and development has no Brits involved that I know of. Mystery to me and haven't heard a thing of it. Which mountain are you talking about Stefan? the hillside/mountain above Cofresi or La Isabela?

On the west side of La Isabela (well the big mountain with the cable car), the development is still in the very early stages and might never get off the ground, especially since the principals seem to have dissappeared.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Lambada did give the correct info for the development.
This has been a project that many of us in these hills have discussed at length.
We have seen so many of these huge projects started with great anticipation only to falter abruptly.
Most have been ripped off to no end by the locals. Manipulated because of too much trust in the people who have been put in place to watch the land/ project get underway.
Most of all it is the fact that developers have no clue of what there getting into, especially here up in the hills. At night it is a whole 'nother world :)
I do have to say that John and Alan are great guy's with a great vision. The website is misleading due to the fact that it is a promise of what is to come, not what is there.
I too am interested in where these guy's are and what is going on with Sunrise.
Anyone seen them?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Lambada did give the correct info for the development.
This has been a project that many of us in these hills have discussed at length.
We have seen so many of these huge projects started with great anticipation only to falter abruptly.
Most have been ripped off to no end by the locals. Manipulated because of too much trust in the people who have been put in place to watch the land/ project get underway.
Most of all it is the fact that developers have no clue of what there getting into, especially here up in the hills. At night it is a whole 'nother world :)
I do have to say that John and Alan are great guy's with a great vision. The website is misleading due to the fact that it is a promise of what is to come, not what is there.
I too am interested in where these guy's are and what is going on with Sunrise.
Anyone seen them?

what website? there was an email address but no website.

Last edited:

richard101

Oct 16, 2008
richard

Someone answers that phone under 'Coldwell Banker' and says they do not know how to get hold of them.

Their project is dead in the water then?

What was the name of it, Sunrise something?

Does anybody have another number for John or Alan?

well i was just looking through dr1 and i came across this question of there and what is happened to the project of the residential development near Puerto Plata.
Well let me tell you all IT IS DEAD OR GONE YOU WILL SEE IN THE NEAR FURTURE

The sales man who answers the old tel no knowes how to get hold of us
you can get in touch by sending a email to info@sunriseer.com or phone the tel no on site

its name is Sunrise S.A.

The web site is / sunriseer.com /is a vision for the project as are all projects that start but now we are in postion to start selling

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Richard101:

at 1:30 pm you write: "Well let me tell you all IT IS DEAD OR GONE YOU WILL SEE IN THE NEAR FURTURE "

at 1:44 pm you write: "We are still here just moved to another place in Puerto Plata and the project is still on SEE IN THE NEAR FURTURE"

wow, quite a change in 14 minutes???????

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Someone answers that phone under 'Coldwell Banker' and says they do not know how to get hold of them.

Their project is dead in the water then?

What was the name of it, Sunrise something?

Does anybody have another number for John or Alan?

Sorry my info was out of date, Conchman. I took it from this thread
http://www.dr1.com/forums/real-estate/74462-anyone-know.html

Still, it has produced an interesting response! :cheeky:

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
The problems of the past have now been resolved as here in dr it takes time to find the right persons to do the right jobs

Sometimes it helps to listen to a person who has the PRIOR knowledge and experience in areas that one is totally misinformed or un-educated in.
First off, anybody or any company that comes here with grandiose ideas without FULLY researching what they are getting into is a recipe for disaster. LEARN TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE!!!
Second, NEVER buy a large tract of land and then hire all the guys sitting around and hanging out in the SAME exact location with nothing to do, then put them in charge.....especially as supervisors, watchmen, ADVISORS, ect. ect.
Thirdly :), keeping such projects on the hush, especially in the campo is good policy until fully established, with the RIGHT PERSONS to do the right jobs.

If anyone knows where this locale is, then you'll understand.
At night it is and will always be the "peoples" land.
Also, being an absentee landholder of a large, valuable chuck of real estate is a very bad idea, even worse when entrusted in the hands of those that have grown up on said land.
When I first heard of this project I presented myself forward to the principle investor only to get negative feedback of my advice. I was told that everything is no problem and that everybody working there had "checked" out and were beyond capable to do there duties. i.e. supervisor/ translator and security. I know better.
Sorry, but in my opinion this was a doomed development. I called it early on and even shook my head when I saw how things were being handled and with whom.
Money, since this seemed to be the great parachute for the project eventually runs out overtime. Just when is the question.
This is not the first time a developer has purchased this same tract of land for the same reasons. The first man was robbed beyond belief and later was run off his own land, so I'm told.........

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yup. Lawless territory up in them thar hills :cheeky:. On a different piece of land but not too far away from there & not all that long ago, one foreigner wasn't lucky enough to be 'robbed beyond belief and later run off his own land', unfortunately. He sadly paid a higher price.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Sad, sad, sad. If anyone builds or buy's up in deez hill tops BEWARE!
A dear friend of ours (for about 2 years) finally had enough of the lawlessness living in a remote, but absolutley stunning piece of real estate. He did all he could to co-exisist in the woods, hiring all the young laborers to assist in his dream. Only two of the boy's helping him, out of many that he hired, eventually were put through college and now have degrees and a better life (he lived up here for 15 years). But lately the robbing at gun point had taken it's toll and the raping and pilfering of his personal effects (inverters, batteries, tools, small garden machines, ect) was too much. He moved out of the country, back to the states and left his legacy to be put on the market.
So sad to have "retirement" stripped away from you, just because you were successful in your younger years and decided to make a difference in the DR, only to have it taken all back from individuals who have nothing, desire to make nothing of themselves and prey on innocent, honest, loving and generous folks who only want to try and make the situation better here in the Dominican Republic.
Buyer beware, do the research. Get to know the people in the area before making that final decision to start your dream project.

Status
Not open for further replies.