In Process.....question about Immigration Canada

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Hello All,
I have been following the DR1 Visa threads for quite some time and it has been extrememly helpful to me. My question is - I have been approved as a sponsor July 31, 2008, Is it to early for the PR to read "IN PROCESS"?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Hi Laura,

I was approved Aug 11 & still nothing :(

I think many will tell you that it may never change at all.

If they are going to update it, you could see something as early as 1 month after your approval.

Likely, you won't see anything for awhile....if at all.

Sangria

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome to DR1 Laurar.

Everyone seems to be different. Looking at the completed timeline thread I noticed that marxsis was approved as a sponsor Nov. 2006 and "in process" in May 2007.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hey Laurar,

my status was never updated - although they do continue to update the website after issuing the visa. I checked under my husband's Bfile number and the website shows his landing date and place and confirms that he is now a Permanent Resident.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
posting

Hi

My husband has been in Canada for 3 months. My client number to this day still says unavailable, under my husbands B file is where we got all the updates. (not much information though) he states now complete and gives his landing date and confirms his permanent residency. I know it is frustrating but don't panic about the updates, but it does seem that the B file number get updates before the C client numbers.

hey maybe if they gave us an A file number we might actually know what is happening with our files ........LOL !!!!

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Thank you everyone. When do you get a "B" file number. Paitence is NOT my virtue.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Well "most" embassies state that they will mail the sponsored applicant an acknowledgement that they have received the application and this would include their B file number.

Haiti does not follow this protocol. If they send your husband a letter requesting additional documents they will reference the Bfile number - and then you will have it. That is how a lot of people have come across theirs.

You could email Haiti and request it - but they will most likely ignore the email.

Hang in there :)

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
My husband got an e-mail from Haiti with the B file number on it.

Our application went to In Process one month after I was approved to sponsor.

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Finally - Some news

Today we were finally updated to at least IN PROCESS, I was approved as a sponsor July 31, 2008 and it said they started processing our file November 10, 2008. I know we may still have a wait but at least it is a little bit of happiness and something to look forward to!!

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
I just checked the site as well. It says in process November 12th and I was approved August 5th.

Looks like things are at least moving now...the old hurry up an wait process :)

Johana

May 24, 2006
Laura, Ellie and Santos,

I'm glad to see that things are moving for all of you!!!

Here's hoping your husbands are all here soon :)

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Everday I check 10 times a day to see if it will change to "in process" I pray...but has not happened quite yet....knock on wood seems that perhaps another few weeks i may see what you all are seeing since my sponsorship was approved September 11. I know how hard it is to wait. Everyday is a struggle for my husband and myself and kids. I'm planning a trip in December cause 134 days + counting apart is a long time not to see your husband. Talking on the phone doesn't count!!! Hope all goes well.

Johana

May 24, 2006
BooGirl,

I was checking constantly until I read that they only update the website once a week, usually on Tuesdays. It was a wasted effort anyway as they never updated the info with my number. So try not to drive yourself too crazy.

Stay focused on your trip - it's something you can control :)

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
i was approved since february 12th. send extra required info and still nothing.. i am going to dominican on december 28th though... my wife's medicals will expire in january 3rd... good luck to ya all

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
For our new members going through the process we have a thread about completed timeline from start to having visa in hand, to landing in Canada.

Every application seems to be a little different so lots of patience is needed.

Good luck