Invertor Batteries

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008
Having just arrived in DR recently we are new to the invertor system. Can anyone give us some words of wisdom on best battery buys as ours are shot. Thanks for any help.

track

Sep 6, 2008
Having just arrived in DR recently we are new to the invertor system. Can anyone give us some words of wisdom on best battery buys as ours are shot. Thanks for any help.

Trojan are the most popular batteries for inverters.

What inverter do you have, capacity and brand?

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
Hi folks...

May I be so bold as to suggest ringing up Marco at Rocky's in Sosua. He's an expert on that, (inverters), and a heck of a lot of other things. Will give you the straight skinny.

Super person, bright and personable. He's super busy but will get back to you when he can.

Ol' Phil

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008
Thanks for that. I had heard that Marco is the man to talk to but cannot find any contact details. If you have his e mail or telephone contact it would be appreciated

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Trojan blacks are real, they are slightly lower capacity but just as high quality as the wine colored ones. I have been using 16 of them at my house for 4 years and have had no issues, other than having to remove 4 of them after 3 1/2 years (normal life cycle for inverter batteries, and with the lax maintenace I have been giving them I should have had to remove more)

dos amigos

Oct 18, 2008
Trojan seem to be the ones to go for, any suggestions best place to get them, probably Santiago. Easy Power in Sosua were offering Trojan at 5300 pesos each but don?t know if black or red with, free installation. Cheers

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
It depends whether his plates are actually deteriorated or just coated with whatever that stuf that builds up on them is.

If they are deteriorated there is no reconditioning that is going to bring them back. But if they just have crap built up on them, then they may be reparable.

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
CyaBye3015...

That's the coolest handle. Robert may scratch this but there was a guy on a hockey blog called "Long dong John."

ol' Phil