Hello to everyone! Newbie moving to POP area and need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Roudos

Oct 18, 2008
My greetings to everyone on the forum.

This is my first post regarding information i couldn't really find any other way and i'm sure that this is just the right place.

I have recently returned from a 3 weeks holiday in Playa Dorada and i am another "victim" of the amazing DR, its lifestyle, its people and everything else.

It came very natural to me the realization that Holland has absolutely nothing more to offer, and that my next stop in life is the Dominican Republic and the north coast in particular.

I'll be arriving in the country by the 1st week of January and i'm searching for quite a lot of things to be honest. The most important of them is the housing. I have collected some general info while i was there, but i have really a hard time finding any real estate agents that offer rentals in Puerto Plata or Costambar or any other area close to these.

To be finally :) more specific, i'm looking for anything from a studio to a 2 bedroom apartment, all inclusive(if possible), preferably decently furnished with all necessary electric appliances, in a "safe" area and in walking distance from the beach. Malecon for example was one of the areas i was told that i should be looking for, but still i'm in the dark.

I have no idea if i'm asking too much. In any case the price i can afford for something that meets all these requirements is 10k-12k $RD. And this price stands for something that's really worth it. On an average 7.5k-9k $RD is what i'm mostly focusing on finding, from the little info i managed to gather about rent prices in these areas.

I'd really appreciate it if you could share any info about where i should look or who should i contact for that matter. Unfortunately, my internet search didn't help me as much as i expected.

My apologies for the lengthy post as it served as an introduction of myself as well.

Looking really forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you all in advance for your time.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
My greetings to everyone on the forum.

This is my first post regarding information i couldn't really find any other way and i'm sure that this is just the right place.

I have recently returned from a 3 weeks holiday in Playa Dorada and i am another "victim" of the amazing DR, its lifestyle, its people and everything else.

It came very natural to me the realization that Holland has absolutely nothing more to offer, and that my next stop in life is the Dominican Republic and the north coast in particular.

I'll be arriving in the country by the 1st week of January and i'm searching for quite a lot of things to be honest. The most important of them is the housing. I have collected some general info while i was there, but i have really a hard time finding any real estate agents that offer rentals in Puerto Plata or Costambar or any other area close to these.

To be finally :) more specific, i'm looking for anything from a studio to a 2 bedroom apartment, all inclusive(if possible), preferably decently furnished with all necessary electric appliances, in a "safe" area and in walking distance from the beach. Malecon for example was one of the areas i was told that i should be looking for, but still i'm in the dark.

I have no idea if i'm asking too much. In any case the price i can afford for something that meets all these requirements is 10k-12k $RD. And this price stands for something that's really worth it. On an average 7.5k-9k $RD is what i'm mostly focusing on finding, from the little info i managed to gather about rent prices in these areas.

I'd really appreciate it if you could share any info about where i should look or who should i contact for that matter. Unfortunately, my internet search didn't help me as much as i expected.

My apologies for the lengthy post as it served as an introduction of myself as well.

Looking really forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you all in advance for your time.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Goedendag Alex,
Talk to Monique in Costambar, she's also Dutch, her e-mail is: info@dominican-realty.com and her cell phone is 809 885 1610

But you can also talk to Robert of DR1.com
Veel succes
Groetjes

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Hi,
Is your price desire per day or per week?
Carib

What he said is a normal monthly rate. Swiss Garden for instance. Sea front building. Beautiful view. Very safe area of Malecon.
The guy is very reasonable and realistic.

Alex Roudos

Oct 18, 2008
Thank you all for your replies. You are very very helpful already!

AK74 is right, i was referring to a monthly rate. If it was otherwise i could probably buy something from the very beginning :)

Are there any links or photos maybe from this Swiss Garden by the way? It seems very interesting from what you say, and i wouldn't mind follow its availability during the near future.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Thank you all for your replies. You are very very helpful already!

AK74 is right, i was referring to a monthly rate. If it was otherwise i could probably buy something from the very beginning :)

Are there any links or photos maybe from this Swiss Garden by the way? It seems very interesting from what you say, and i wouldn't mind follow its availability during the near future.

If I dare suggest - just go there. Stay one week in Portofino. And walk
Malecon asking for rent in houses that you like. And you will get a great deal.

Most land lords do not advertise online. Only the most sophisticated, smart - you do not need them. They are oriented on white collars rich middle class americans who sit at computers all day and have little experience of international living. Inflated predetary prices. Being in the field you `ll find a much better deal very easy.

There is alot of houses on Malecon. Swiss Garden got a massive advertising on DR.1 recently and got booked right away. But there is alot that are not discovered by the main crowd. Go and take it.

Or you can find alot of great $250-$350 US a month rents in Sosua if you do not need to live right on the beach. Trade Winds, Caribe Campo, Las Canas, private villas in La Mulata. Hundreds stay empty. If you need further help - you may PM. You need to contact owners. Not in-betweeners / "agents" who jack prices up with their commissions.

Bon chance!

Alex Roudos

Oct 18, 2008
Thank you AK74, your input is invaluable as is from everyone else as well. I will definitely PM you soon for some further info once i come up with a few very specific questions.

Thank you all again!

Alex.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I agree Rosemary is fantastic and they speak English,Spanish and German,very nice and profesional staff.

We've known Rosemary for years - very straight & very helpful :) but I also agree with AK74's advice about walking round & looking. And if you can cope with not having a sea view there are nice, secure two bedroomed unfurnished apartments in PP for RD$6000 per month. Look in the side roads off 27 de febrero, up the street from Tropical, the end nearest the mountain. I can't give you a website for any of them because they don't exist; I don't know the owners but I know they exist because I was visiting a Belgian lady in one of them the other day & that was the rent she paid.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
First, welcome to DR1!

While Las Canas is 1) actually in the Sosua area and 2) a bit more expensive than your price range, the units are very nice, and the complex is managed extremely well.

Search las canas on this board for other opinions. In the meantime, check it out at Las Ca?as, Dominican Republic.

good luck,

DRob:glasses:

Status
Not open for further replies.