Feb 13, 2007
hey
i was wandering if someone knew of a good place to buy autos in POP
from a dealer
who sells like crv or suv
thanks
francoisatl

Aug 21, 2007
New or used? Apollo Motors sells SUV's trucks, cars, etc. It is owned by Pablo Brugal. You won't get better customer service.

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
hey about how much is a Daihatsu Terios run
used or new
i will check out prices when i am in POP in November on used suv
and trucks
just trying to get an ideal
thanks all
francoisatl

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I love Puerto Plata and I try to give it most of my business, but one thing I would not shop for here, is vehicles.
If you'd buy new, you will want to buy at an "official" dealer which has a history of backing some sort of warranty. Some companies like Toyota (Delta) offer surprisingly generous warranties.
If you buy used, especially as a foreigner... well, maybe in a couple of months, after the world wide economy decline will have had it's domino effect here, you might see a over existence of "luxury" vehicles hitting the market to be turned into cash... but right now... I would not expect to get a competitive deal around coastal locations (when compared to the cities).

Check out Santiago, Santo Domingo first... other's seem to report having found great deals in Moca and even La Vega.

Haggle hard, you have the money, they want it, and it's money which is fast becoming scarce, not cars!

Btw, all older automatic RAV4 and CRV's if tried here, were hopelessly boring gas guzzlers. Before you buy used, INSIST on having it for a couple of DAYS to try (only few dealers will do that, I know, but you may want to rent a similar model at a local rent-a-car to at least get a better feel for a particular car model).

... J-D.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Excellent advice, one more thing - send a Dominican to negotiate for you! Don't try this yourself...........

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
New or used? Apollo Motors sells SUV's trucks, cars, etc. It is owned by Pablo Brugal. You won't get better customer service.
Reviving this old thread.

Back in 2008, both LK and Deviate (DV8) endorsed this car dealer.
Since I am in the market, I e-mailed them for information.

I hope it's not premature, but their response has been outstanding. They have sent me their inventory of the cars I asked for , answered all my questions promptly and politely.
Very No. American type customer service.

I expect to buy a car from them when I go to visit them.

They even offered a discount on a brand new 2011 - leftover model !!!!:cheeky: