Accidental death in POP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Anyone know or hear of an accident that happened early this weekend/ friday that claimed the life of a delivery driver from a "international" ferreteria, here in POP?
Just curious. I was expecting a delivery Sat. and they didn't show up, tried calling numerous times but no answer.
Today I got a hold of them and they said that due to this unfortunate crash they were closed on Sat.
Since this is a typical justification that is used many times over (my friends Aunts sister-in-law died), I was just wanting to find out if this is, in fact, the story.
I had reserved the morning off, had a force of workers ready but nada, nada, nada.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Which Ferreteria? I do actually know of a bad accident where someone was killed.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I do know...............

Freddy's International.

..........that I went there at 1:30 pm on Saturday pm and they were closed tighter than a drum................

.........just figured they decided to close on Saturday afternoons' which some have done in the past..............

.......guess not!

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
crash

we saw the truck on saturday, it is no surprise that he died and freddy's was indeed closed all day.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Yes that is indeed the case, they were closed due to the death of an employee.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Don't know how true it is.........

.....but heard from an employee that the truck was run off the road by a Caribe Tour bus..............which is highly highly possible...........!

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
well thanks for the info. I didn't wan't to fly off the handle prematurely. Even though it cost me the whole mornings time waiting and trying to call plus a day's wage to a few workers, I feel sad for the loss of a life.
I had no intentions on dissing Freddy's because I haven't had any problems with his business until now, a simple phone call to all expecting clients would have been the responsible thing to do, just as a courtesy call.
I did get the truck up here this AM, so I'm satisfied there.
My condolences to the family of the driver.
As far as caribe tours....that too is very possible. Everyone knows there past history concerning aggressive driving with the big buses.

Sep 19, 2005
There was a bad crash on Saturday afternoon, but it was not in the city. La Rep?blica - Muere ni?o en accidente de autob?s en Puerto Plata

that bus was full of people from Canca La Reyna where my ex GF lives. she told me that at least 4 people died, she went to three of the funerals herself, already. the motoconcho driver she uses to go to work everyday , broke and arm and has a huge hole in his leg!!

they went off a bridge she says after getting hit by a jeepeta.

bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Today's DR1 news:
Tragic bus crash
Normally, news of this type seems to come from Bolivia or some other mountainous area, but today it comes from Puerto Plata, where a bus loaded with families out for a Sunday swim went off a bridge, killing two and injuring almost 60. The accident occurred in the community of La China on the highway between Puerto Plata and Navarrete. The two victims, so far, are a five-month old baby and a man of 46. Thirty others are reported to be in very serious condition in hospitals in Santiago. The accident happened at 6:10 in the afternoon when the bus and an SUV collided and the bus fell 60 feet to the La China Vieja River. According to information gathered by El Caribe, most passengers on the bus were members of one family. Richard Guzman, who helped to move some of the victims, said that it was a miracle that more people were not killed in the accident. The latest reports in Hoy newspaper say that another person has died from injuries suffered in the crash.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
"...went off a bridge, killing two and injuring almost 60. The accident occurred in the community of La China..."

That's a really high bridge to crash off, it's amazing anyone survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.