Santiago affairs update:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The "friendly" sandwich place has bit the dust. They have closed down a month or 2 ago. This spot in plaza internacional has curse written all over it. No matter who opens up there, goes out of business soon. They had taco bell there, then a mexican place and now this sandwich place. all went to hell in a short time. Lets see who will try their luck there in the near future.

Speaking of cursed spots: the disco/bar (mist) across the street from Ahibar had closed their doors some time back, just like the rest of the previous business who had ventured to do business there. Seems like no one could survive so close to the gravity of Ahibar cafe/restaurant right next to it. Now we have Mr. Ahibar himself test his luck there. Seems like he has invested a ton of money renovating this place and turned it into a jevito type disco (Ahibar dance). the place seems like a winner but it so happens the curse has not been taken off yet. Not a single client goes there. Seems like ahibar cafe itself has gone through some transformation from the best dating / pick up bar in santiago to a gay bar. All i see is a ton of men drinking alone and a few scattered girls here and there. The bad economy has really shaken the santiago night life scene.

The disco "over" in avenida texas is also located in a cursed spot. this plaza just can't seem to jump start. No matter what business opens up in that spot, goes to hell after a short time. Shakabana was the original disco there and it soon bit the dust. Now the disco "over" is in the same spot and I see very few people go there. I just don't know how they make any money.

The secret small bar on bartalome colon next to shell station (near plaza texas) F8 has been reopened and remodeled. Its called "Exit". Seems like the owner did everything right to make it more appealing to the public but to her misfortune a new jevito glorified, mega liquor store has opened up right across the street from them. This is the new plaza built across the street from shell station. This is an outdoor liquor store built on mega scale size to accommodate large young crowd. waiter service and selection of the liquor is impressive. cars jam up the street and slow down the traffic to stand still. This is the only place in santiago which is stealing clients from everywhere. Its open air so it may not be very attractive to go to when raining in santiago. The girls go there in large groups. This the perfect place for young trendy people to hang out and not spend a fortune. This place has killed to new business near them "exit", non the less, the "exit" bar is still a good hideout place if you are with a chopa and don't want anyone to see you. hahahaha

Mundo de jueguitos (toy store) is all dead. I bet if the owners didn't have such deep pockets they would have been closed a while ago.

sadly to say, the only place where easy girls are found is Montebar. You will see all types of barrio girls go there in large number. Sunday is the ladies night and they get in for free. kerubanda plays there. Guys pay 300 pesos to get in. women = free admission.You will see more women there than men. Most of the girls are from monterico and other scary barrios. many are jobless and some work in free zones. then you also have polished barrio girls go there as well. So if any guy visiting santiago for action and dance, go to Montebar. Just don't expect the girls to be high class.

off topic: household trick.
I have had some serious rust stains in my toilet bowl. They just wouldn't get off even when I tried using strong chemicals which probably reduced my functional healthy life by a few month. So finally I gave it a good thought and had decided to come up with my own ghetto technique which seem to work better than commercial alternatives. I put on gloves and took a fine sheet of sand paper and simply sanded to whole inside of the toilet to a spotless clean surface. case closed. The ghetto method always works better and cheaper.

will add more later.
AZB

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
The "friendly" sandwich place has bit the dust. They have closed down a month or 2 ago. This spot in plaza internacional has curse written all over it. No matter who opens up there, goes out of business soon. They had taco bell there, then a mexican place and now this sandwich place. all went to hell in a short time. Lets see who will try their luck there in the near future.

Speaking of cursed spots: the disco/bar (mist) across the street from Ahibar had closed their doors some time back, just like the rest of the previous business who had ventured to do business there. Seems like no one could survive so close to the gravity of Ahibar cafe/restaurant right next to it. Now we have Mr. Ahibar himself test his luck there. Seems like he has invested a ton of money renovating this place and turned it into a jevito type disco (Ahibar dance). the place seems like a winner but it so happens the curse has not been taken off yet. Not a single client goes there. Seems like ahibar cafe itself has gone through some transformation from the best dating / pick up bar in santiago to a gay bar. All i see is a ton of men drinking alone and a few scattered girls here and there. The bad economy has really shaken the santiago night life scene.

The disco "over" in avenida texas is also located in a cursed spot. this plaza just can't seem to jump start. No matter what business opens up in that spot, goes to hell after a short time. Shakabana was the original disco there and it soon bit the dust. Now the disco "over" is in the same spot and I see very few people go there. I just don't know how they make any money.

The secret small bar on bartalome colon next to shell station (near plaza texas) F8 has been reopened and remodeled. Its called "Exit". Seems like the owner did everything right to make it more appealing to the public but to her misfortune a new jevito glorified, mega liquor store has opened up right across the street from them. This is the new plaza built across the street from shell station. This is an outdoor liquor store built on mega scale size to accommodate large young crowd. waiter service and selection of the liquor is impressive. cars jam up the street and slow down the traffic to stand still. This is the only place in santiago which is stealing clients from everywhere. Its open air so it may not be very attractive to go to when raining in santiago. The girls go there in large groups. This the perfect place for young trendy people to hang out and not spend a fortune. This place has killed to new business near them "exit", non the less, the "exit" bar is still a good hideout place if you are with a chopa and don't want anyone to see you. hahahaha

Mundo de jueguitos (toy store) is all dead. I bet if the owners didn't have such deep pockets they would have been closed a while ago.

sadly to say, the only place where easy girls are found is Montebar. You will see all types of barrio girls go there in large number. Sunday is the ladies night and they get in for free. kerubanda plays there. Guys pay 300 pesos to get in. women = free admission.You will see more women there than men. Most of the girls are from monterico and other scary barrios. many are jobless and some work in free zones. then you also have polished barrio girls go there as well. So if any guy visiting santiago for action and dance, go to Montebar. Just don't expect the girls to be high class.

off topic: household trick.
I have had some serious rust stains in my toilet bowl. They just wouldn't get off even when I tried using strong chemicals which probably reduced my functional healthy life by a few month. So finally I gave it a good thought and had decided to come up with my own ghetto technique which seem to work better than commercial alternatives. I put on gloves and took a fine sheet of sand paper and simply sanded to whole inside of the toilet to a spotless clean surface. case closed. The ghetto method always works better and cheaper.

will add more later.
AZB

Hahahaha, you made me laugh;), very funny thanks, a smile in my face was difficult today, due to the cold weather here in Atlanta:tired: (first cold snap), summer is over, the days are shorter, i'm getting depress, but you managed to made me laugh. :bunny:

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007

That?s why I only go to Montebar when they have a good band playing there like El Torito or To?o Rosario. When this guys are playing there the minimun you will pay will be 1500 to 1800 per person no ladies free night, so you don?t see than many barrio chopas and chopos there.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
That?s why I only go to Montebar when they have a good band playing there like El Torito or To?o Rosario. When this guys are playing there the minimun you will pay will be 1500 to 1800 per person no ladies free night, so you don?t see than many barrio chopas and chopos there.

very good point. If you go there in on fridays or saturdays when a good band is playing. All clients would have to pay, so the barrio jobless girls stay away from going there. So I would say, its quite possible to meet a good girl there on days other than sundays.
AZB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
the problem with business orientated toward "jevito" crowds is that they don't consume; they can spend a whole night with one bottle of beer in their hand, and after that they head out to the "chimi" for a late night snack.

very good observation on your part

Spot on post,

Jevitos are hijitos de papi y mami, which goes out to the street with 500 pesos each, pay half of it in the cover of the disco and the rest goes in a Pequena Light inside it, now imagine it a disco full of jevitos not consuming, it will not take time to go out of business.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
very good point. If you go there in on fridays or saturdays when a good band is playing. All clients would have to pay, so the barrio jobless girls stay away from going there. So I would say, its quite possible to meet a good girl there on days other than sundays.
AZB

AZB one question, do you look over women to get married and have children that you always look into its social status, or just to have a good time.

If I just want to dance and look around I could care less if the girl is chopa or not if she is good looking, mientras este buena eso de que si tiene apellido Viccini, de si es doctora o ingeniera me da 3 pitos, if she wants actions she gets action.

Now if I want a woman to settle down and have kids the story is different..

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
AZB one question, do you look over women to get married and have children that you always look into its social status, or just to have a good time.

If I just want to dance and look around I could care less if the girl is chopa or not if she is good looking, mientras este buena eso de que si tiene apellido Viccini, de si es doctora o ingeniera me da 3 pitos, if she wants actions she gets action.

I obviously can't answer your question(s) directed to AZB.
But let me just share this: You may know how to handle yourself in a bar environment where barrio girls (and boys) hang out... so do I believe I can too.. But I think there's nothing wrong with hinting potential "fun" prospects about what kind of people they may be dealing with before they get (into) too much "action". Barrio or not barrio folks, some can be the sweetest people you will ever want to meet, yet some may have more tigueraje than many (especially tourists and residents with little comand of the local language) can handle.

I for one, would not have any issue to marry a woman from a barrio or the deepest campo, IF she was the one with a true heart and at least some horizon.

... J-D.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

Its a bit more complicated than that. If I only wanted to dance with a girl, i wouldn't have to leave my home. I have music and I have decent looking female friends to come over. Now when the boy go out to discos on sunday and stay late at night, drink and sacrifice sweet hours of comfortable sleep; believe me, we are not just doing this for the sake of dancing. dancing is fun but when you are dancing with a classy girls who is all sweet and sexy yet also packs a brain and dresses to impress, it takes pleasure of meeting her to a different level. I often take their numbers and call them on another day to go out. Now if the relationship becomes more interesting and advances to the 2nd base, all the best.
Now here is the deal with barrio zona franca girls:
I met 2 last sunday with my friend. I was sort of playing his wing man, dealing with the friend of the girl he was interested in. keeping her friend from messing up the night for my friend. We met 4 girls on different time and in different sides of the disco. We were able to take 2 with us for a drive later. Now folks, this is not sosua puta scene we are talking about. This is about meeting girls and talking to them, not calling over a hooker to your table.
The next day I had a date with one. Who worked for a zona franca. I almost forgot to call her but she called me in the afternoon to set a up a pick up time. So after work I pick her up from super pola market's main entrance. We go home, I fix her drink, make quick snacks and sandwiches to feed her.
Put on music and all. It was moving my butt from the time I picked her up till we got home to making things for us to eat and all. She sat there like a rock on the sofa. So finally when it was all set and done with, we sat on the sofa and I for the first time I was relaxing. This very same moment she says:
ya me tengo que ir y preparar algo para mis hijos. Yikexxxxxxxx. She wants to go home to attend her 2 kids. She had told me earlier her sister takes care of her kids when she is not home. Turns out, she has 2 kids from 2 different men, one is already 7 yrs old. She is only 25 yrs old. She was never married to either one of them. She told me nothing of this matter of preparing food etc for the kids. i thought we had a date. So I get ****ed off and told her to get up and lets go. I had to take her to the other side of the moon. all chopas live in the furthest parts of santiago where only a donkey cart can go. I was ****ed off and promised to myself never to deal with barrio girls again.
but I didn't learn my lesson well. the next day, girl #2 calls. I told her that I don't want to deal with any of her problems, she would have to do all her stuff first and then call me. i don't want to spend the day chasing up solutions for her problems. She promised everything will be fine and she will stay with me till 6pm, even offered to massage my back. So like a sucker, i agree to meet her. 1:30pm was the time set. She had nothing to do all day so there was no reason for her not to meet me in the entrance of super pola later than set time. I go to see mark from rocky and friends in fridays restaurant to kill time.
So i call the girl to make it 2pm because I wanted to spend more time with friends. she told me she was almost leaving. So she had more time to reach than before. So at 2pm I was at the set place to meet her but there is no sign of the girl. So I call her. she tells me she is almost there.
So i wait again and after a long time, I call her again. she tells me to hold my horses as she is very close. So like a idiot, i wait again.
So finally I called and she tells me she is stuck on the road because the concho taxi has hit another car. So I thought she must be very near so i asked her to tell me where she is so i can go to pick her up. She has no clue where she is. The dummy can't even guess the avenue where she was at. So I told her to put the taxi driver on the phone. Turns out the maldito chopa was miles and miles away from me in the middle of worse barrios of santiago, and the traffic was horrible. It was clear the chopa was sitting home doing her fake puta eyebrows with a pencil and waiting for the clock to go past 2pm. These girls have no sense of responsibility or any care in the world. No wonder they are always in problems. I told her to go to hell (vete a carajo, idiota) and I left.
I have learned my lesson again. I am such a sucker, I never learn from my mistakes. Chopas are full of problems and there is little to gain from them.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
barrio chopas and chopos there.

i was told, by no less but girls from a barrio, that CHOPA is not a female equivalent of chopo but rather a woman who sits at home and does nothing.

that reminds me, on saturday i saw in santiago A WOMAN DRIVING CARRO PUBLICO. shocking! :surprised

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Now why go after barrio jobless girls who are always sort on cash when you can meet girls like her right through your computer? This one came to visit me from capital, I met her on an internet chat site. Eyes are real. I took this picture yesterday in my home. So there is no need for me to date barrio girls in santiago.
ix8jzs.jpg

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Now why go after barrio jobless girls who are always sort on cash when you can meet girls like her right through your computer? This one came to visit me from capital, I met her on an internet chat site. Eyes are real. I took this picture yesterday in my home. So there is no need for me to date barrio girls in santiago.
ix8jzs.jpg

NOW I know what I'm going to do with my spare time here... I want to be a chiropractor too! :D

... J-D.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Its a bit more complicated than that. If I only wanted to dance with a girl, i wouldn't have to leave my home. I have music and I have decent looking female friends to come over. Now when the boy go out to discos on sunday and stay late at night, drink and sacrifice sweet hours of comfortable sleep; believe me, we are not just doing this for the sake of dancing. dancing is fun but when you are dancing with a classy girls who is all sweet and sexy yet also packs a brain and dresses to impress, it takes pleasure of meeting her to a different level. I often take their numbers and call them on another day to go out. Now if the relationship becomes more interesting and advances to the 2nd base, all the best.
Now here is the deal with barrio zona franca girls:
I met 2 last sunday with my friend. I was sort of playing his wing man, dealing with the friend of the girl he was interested in. keeping her friend from messing up the night for my friend. We met 4 girls on different time and in different sides of the disco. We were able to take 2 with us for a drive later. Now folks, this is not sosua puta scene we are talking about. This is about meeting girls and talking to them, not calling over a hooker to your table.
The next day I had a date with one. Who worked for a zona franca. I almost forgot to call her but she called me in the afternoon to set a up a pick up time. So after work I pick her up from super pola market's main entrance. We go home, I fix her drink, make quick snacks and sandwiches to feed her.
Put on music and all. It was moving my butt from the time I picked her up till we got home to making things for us to eat and all. She sat there like a rock on the sofa. So finally when it was all set and done with, we sat on the sofa and I for the first time I was relaxing. This very same moment she says:
ya me tengo que ir y preparar algo para mis hijos. Yikexxxxxxxx. She wants to go home to attend her 2 kids. She had told me earlier her sister takes care of her kids when she is not home. Turns out, she has 2 kids from 2 different men, one is already 7 yrs old. She is only 25 yrs old. She was never married to either one of them. She told me nothing of this matter of preparing food etc for the kids. i thought we had a date. So I get ****ed off and told her to get up and lets go. I had to take her to the other side of the moon. all chopas live in the furthest parts of santiago where only a donkey cart can go. I was ****ed off and promised to myself never to deal with barrio girls again.
but I didn't learn my lesson well. the next day, girl #2 calls. I told her that I don't want to deal with any of her problems, she would have to do all her stuff first and then call me. i don't want to spend the day chasing up solutions for her problems. She promised everything will be fine and she will stay with me till 6pm, even offered to massage my back. So like a sucker, i agree to meet her. 1:30pm was the time set. She had nothing to do all day so there was no reason for her not to meet me in the entrance of super pola later than set time. I go to see mark from rocky and friends in fridays restaurant to kill time.
So i call the girl to make it 2pm because I wanted to spend more time with friends. she told me she was almost leaving. So she had more time to reach than before. So at 2pm I was at the set place to meet her but there is no sign of the girl. So I call her. she tells me she is almost there.
So i wait again and after a long time, I call her again. she tells me to hold my horses as she is very close. So like a idiot, i wait again.
So finally I called and she tells me she is stuck on the road because the concho taxi has hit another car. So I thought she must be very near so i asked her to tell me where she is so i can go to pick her up. She has no clue where she is. The dummy can't even guess the avenue where she was at. So I told her to put the taxi driver on the phone. Turns out the maldito chopa was miles and miles away from me in the middle of worse barrios of santiago, and the traffic was horrible. It was clear the chopa was sitting home doing her fake puta eyebrows with a pencil and waiting for the clock to go past 2pm. These girls have no sense of responsibility or any care in the world. No wonder they are always in problems. I told her to go to hell (vete a carajo, idiota) and I left.
I have learned my lesson again. I am such a sucker, I never learn from my mistakes. Chopas are full of problems and there is little to gain from them.
AZB

Hahahaha, this story are getting better, those Chopas/Chopos are something else.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
NOW I know what I'm going to do with my spare time here... I want to be a chiropractor too! :D

... J-D.

hahaha, its about spending quality weekend time with something more qualified than what we see in barrios. barrios have good people to offer but some how many expats end up with the bottom of the barrel. This should not be the case when so many good and honorable dominican folks are all around us.
Now folks, lets concentrate on the santiago affairs in general and not just the barrio girls. there is more to santiago than ghettos.
AZB

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
ix8jzs.jpg

But AZB have you noticed that the girl eyebrows (I mean pencil eyebrows) are those of a chopa

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

You usually have impecible taste AZB, but didn't you notice the Adam's apple on this internet "lady"! Where did you find her, Sexy si o no?

tambo'

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
You usually have impecible taste AZB, but didn't you notice the Adam's apple on this internet "lady"! Where did you find her, Sexy si o no?

tambo'

That's not an Adam's apple, those are her Clavicula (Don't know the name in English)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
she looks like she'd be wonderful for a role in re make of fatal attraction-if someone looked at me like that Id check my back for a knife.